many many thanks (1 Viewer)

Riverburn

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 18:44
I've been here now a couple of days, asking questions and searching the forum, and it helped me a lot.

the project is almost finished which is good because as a student in Belgium I'm only allowed to work 23 days tax free, and I had to finish it in that time.
which I think might've been a lot trickier wasn't it for the help of all the great people of this forum. so all those who helped me, many many thanks

at any rate, I'm student Political Science with a degree in Computer Science. I decided after I got my diploma in CS that I'd never ever work profesionally programming, however I do have the degree, and it helps me earn some money here and there.
I live, study and work in Brussels Belgium, and work for a small company that handles plasmaderivates (medicine based on human plasma). one of the companies managers asked me to make him a program in access to keep better track of his employees and what they do.
I didn't know access, I had no clue about VB or VBA. what I did know was programming in C#, C++ and Java, and Datamanagement in Oracle. so for me the easiest choice was going for VBA because I heard that VB is just an easy C#.

Looking back I might have gotten stuff easier done if I wasn't so quick to code everything. I felt though that I was here to work, not first study how access ticks and does it tricks. take the subforms. it might have spared me a lot of headache if I had actually listened to what I was told here on the forum. but I didn't, I just programmed my way out of it.

Well, that's about it.
I'll probably stay here, because I'm planning to write an api for my huge movie collection (yes yes, I know there are plenty online, but the thrill of writing it myself is nice).
Cheers and see you all later

Lightwave

Ad astra
Local time
Today, 02:44
Good skills Riverburn - suspect your skillful enough to do it any way you want. Welcome to the forum

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom