Solved Marquee on a form (1 Viewer)

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 06:29
A lot of developers prefer to avoid using Attachment type columns in Access tables, and instead save the file somewhere and only store the path. That, also, is my personal strong preference, but I won't go any further to make blanket statements on the issue. In order to really use the attachment you'll probably have to save it out of the table somewhere anyway ....

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
yeah currently looking at that which is all fine, the file attaches fine, but then raises more questions which on searching google haven't found a simple answer for

which is, how do i reference what is in the attachment, how do i get the form to go look at the attached file and go, oh im supposed to open you
Well, the next step after that is to save the attachment to a file on the local disk, so that you can then use it in your web browser control.

murray83

Games Collector
Local time
Today, 13:29
Well, the next step after that is to save the attachment to a file on the local disk, so that you can then use it in your web browser control.

well i got it to save but then for what ever reason it wouldnt scroll, windows kept locking the file and i had to allow access as you can see from below
atatched file

but then have worked round and have deiced on some free web hosting as then i can update the files when ever and not have to send out an updated version

i prefer the typed and Div types ( got to do some work on the div one though )

Attachments

• Marquee.accdb
    616 KB · Views: 104
  • dam them.png
    dam them.png
    3.4 KB · Views: 98

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Glad that worked out for you, good luck w/your project.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
well i got it to save but then for what ever reason it wouldnt scroll, windows kept locking the file and i had to allow access as you can see from below
atatched file

but then have worked round and have deiced on some free web hosting as then i can update the files when ever and not have to send out an updated version

i prefer the typed and Div types ( got to do some work on the div one though )
Same here. Congratulations!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom