Max and Min function (1 Viewer)

majordoc

Local time
Today, 16:26
Hi MajP

Yes that would be absolutely ideal. The date of the most recent result is the most important. Your table at #17 is brilliant - can you send attach the file if possible, I couldn't see it?

E

majordoc

Local time
Today, 16:26
Hi MajP.

Yes that would be ideal. The date of the latest result is the most important. Your table at #17 looks amazing - there was no file attached for me to try an look at/copy if you can kindly post?

E

MajP

You've got your good things, and you've got mine.
Local time
Today, 12:26
Here is the file. There are other ways to do this, but I used a union query of three queries. For some reason I could not get it to sort correctly. I needed one more query just to sort. The final solution is qrySortedMinMaxLast.

So if you went with the EVA design, you could do a version of this to have one query that returns Min, Max, Last for every reading. If you keep your design you will have to do a lot of individual queries. That could be over a hundred. However, there are other ways if you keep your current design. May just take some extra work. The real difference is do you want to do the work up front with the EVA or the work on the back. Again what you are doing is not incorrect, the EVA is just a different approach that can simplify things. It can be very efficient if you do not take all of those readings each investigation.

If you want to go with the EVA we can walk you through and help. I gave you a pretty good start on the table design. I will demo a form. Until you see it work it is hard to understand.

If you keep your current design you really only need one attachment field. No need for multiple attachment fields since you can put unlimited documents in one field.

Attachments

• MajP_Test V2.accdb
    744 KB · Views: 83

MajP

You've got your good things, and you've got mine.
Local time
Today, 12:26
I played with the EVA to show how this would work. I put an add attibutes button for demo purposes, you would likely do it automatically. But you can try. Add a new investigation by putting in a date and HandC number. Then hit the add button. I made subforms for the attachements and long note/s. Also because I store the attribute data type I can do validation on the entry. Try entering some wrong data. This gets a little more complicated if you have more detailed validation rules, but it is doable.

EVA.png

Attachments

• EVA.accdb
    3.3 MB · Views: 90

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom