Maximizing a switchboard (1 Viewer)

kbrooks

Still learning
Local time
Today, 15:49
I have a database set up so that the switchboard opens first, and the user does not see the database window. I'd like to be able to make the switchboard maximize on open, but there's a lot of code all ready in the events section for the switchboard, so I'm not quite sure how to do it. I used a macro to maximize forms on open, but the switchboard is kind of different.
Thanks for any help you can give me!

christy

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 21:49
This is the way i would do it...if its any help.

In the tools menu bar > select 'start up'. In the DISPLAY FORM Combo box select which form you want to open on start-up.(Main Switchboard)

Then in the form properties, in the On Open section put the following piece of code

DoCmd.OpenForm "Switchboard Main"
DoCmd.Maximize

HTH...Christy

jatfill

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:49
If you're using Access 2000, you can also go into Tools, Startup... and uncheck "Display Database window" and select your switchboard form in the "Display Form" section. Then on the On Open AND On Activate properties of the switchboard form, add the DoCmd.Maximize
statement that christy mentioned.
I use the On Activate also so that if a user switches between programs (ALT+TAB), it ensures that the main form is re-maximized once you switch back to Access.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom