Tip Microsoft access on the internet (1 Viewer)

HiTechCoach

Local time
Today, 11:37
From the link:

Unfortunately, integration between Access and Office Live Workspace is not possible today.

But there is a really nice integration between Access 2007 and Office Live Small Business product. You can create an Access 2007 application which stores all its data in linked tables that live on an Office Live Small Business site. These linked tables are available from any computer with an Internet connection. You don't have to worry about firewalls, and you don't have to worry about setting up your own server or paying a separate hosting company to do it for you. By the way, this is all free, too.

One quick caveat: This is not the service to try with your million-row application. If you've got an application with < 2000 rows, performance will be zippy. Much above that and you may run into slow-downs.

This has already been possible for a while. It is not really new. Just a new offering from Microsoft. People have been using mySQL or MS SQL servers that are exposed to the internet as the back end for remote VB and Access front ends to do the same thing for years now.

marianne

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:37
just posted it maybe somebody don't know of this. I saw one in a forum asking how to share his db on the internet. i guess he don't such thing.

HiTechCoach

Local time
Today, 11:37
just posted it maybe somebody don't know of this. I saw one in a forum asking how to share his db on the internet. i guess he don't such thing.

Unfortunately, this does not appear to share an Access database back end /tables/ data. It will allow you to use Access as a front end to to connect to a database on the internet. It does not appear to be an Access database that is on the internet.

marianne

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:37
I have not tried it yet. i dont know if it is access db on the internet or not. maybe its true if you have already tried it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom