Microsoft Security Warning - Hyperlinks (1 Viewer)

henryihunter1954

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:38
Hello.

I need assistance. I am getting the error - Microsoft Security Warning - dealing
with Hyperlinks.

I wanted to change the settings in the registry but I don't see the options that were suggested.

Is there anyone that has suggestions?

Thanking you in advance.

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 04:38
I had a db where FollowHyperlink was giving me an issue so I switched to Shell code:
Code:
Private Sub btnLink_Click()
On Error GoTo ErrProc
'FollowHyperlink is not working properly
''Application.FollowHyperlink Me.tbxLink
Dim wsShell As Object
Set wsShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
wsShell.Run Chr(34) & Me.tbxLink & Chr(34)
ExitProc:
Set wsShell = Nothing
Exit Sub
ErrProc:
MsgBox "Cannot open document. Contact database administrator. : " & Err.Number
End Sub

Last edited:

henryihunter1954

Registered User.
Local time
Thank you for such a quick response.

I did not mention this: The Hyperlink is working just fine. I just want to get rid of the message that pops up when I click on the hyperlink, being a security risk. Is there anyway I can stop that message from appearing when I do click on the links?

Thanking you again.

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 04:38
Did you search web on topic: Access hyperlink security? What I find indicates 2 options.

1. Shell code as I posted

2. changing Windows registry setting, which is probably not something you would have permissions for on a network

henryihunter1954

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks to you both, June7 and Moke123.

June7, I did check the internet and got instructions on changing the registry. (Not on a network, not at this time)
Only problem, in the Hive, there were 2 entries that I did not see,MsOffice and \16. Hard to enter the DWORD if I did not see those.(Have no problems with registry entries).
This is when I logged in here for assistance.

Moke123, good suggestion too. I'm very rusty when dealing with coding. I know that's a strange statement, but I've not done code like that since college pascal and passing parameters. LOL. I'm just keeping it real.

But I continued to read and tried lowering the security level in Access. It was not recommended and I don't usually take the path of not recommended. But I did and it works fine. Just no security.

Thank you both.
I enjoy coming here and asking questions. The people are great at what they do and the response is so fast.
Bless you both for assistance and Have a Great Mother's Day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom