Modify Report - report no longer works... (1 Viewer)

GUIDO22

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:47
Joined
Nov 2, 2003
Messages
489
I have a report that is showing hashes in fields where the content is truncated.
I modify the report and change the text box width.

I can re-open in Design mode if I chose to after Save. But when i attempt to open the report in Form view, the report wont open.. cursor briefly suggests something is happening but the report fails to load. If I go to delete the form - so that I can import from my backup - Access says it cant delete it while the Report file is open (or equivalent) - despite the Report file not being open or visible...
Why is a simple modification causing this issue - figuring this was a one off I closed Access, reopened and deleted the Report, imported a fresh copy from the backup... checked it worked - then made the change to the report text boxes again - ran it, same problem.. report wont load...

Any ideas people... ? Thanks

======

I have done some further tests and it doesn't matter how 'insignificant' the modification to the report... even moving a single text field a few millimetres causes the above / erroneous operation of the report...

I have also Compacted & Repaired the database (which is a split d/base : front end and back end) - makes no difference, problem still persists...
 
Last edited:

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 07:47
Joined
May 7, 2009
Messages
16,867
you can upload your db.
 

GUIDO22

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:47
Joined
Nov 2, 2003
Messages
489
you can upload your db.
i would but proprietary business information contained therein... even putting a copy of the report in a new DB would require carrying over copies of various tables, queries etc.
 

GUIDO22

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:47
Joined
Nov 2, 2003
Messages
489
Interestingly, in making a copy of the db with the necessary components to send you a copy... I modified a copy of the report in question - in this new DB file....and ran it with no issues... I have now imported that amended copy into my master DB file and it works... ! So I have fixed the problem, for now.. albeit in a 'round the houses' manner... :sneaky:
 

AngelSpeaks

Active member
Local time
Yesterday, 18:47
Joined
Oct 21, 2021
Messages
292
Interestingly, in making a copy of the db with the necessary components to send you a copy... I modified a copy of the report in question - in this new DB file....and ran it with no issues... I have now imported that amended copy into my master DB file and it works... ! So I have fixed the problem, for now.. albeit in a 'round the houses' manner... :sneaky:
It wouldn't be the first time. Several times I have recreated a report that didn't work but now works. I'm glad it's working.
 

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 18:47
Joined
Feb 28, 2001
Messages
23,191
After the fact, that suggests a minor form of corruption must have been present in the prior version of that report.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom