Monthly Team Capacity Planning for 3000 employees (1 Viewer)

Local time
Today, 21:15
Hi Team,
I am working on Monthly Team Capacity Planning for 300 employees in MS Access 2016.

Ask :

We are responsible for planning the team’s capacity every month. We need to have a realistic view of how many employees can be rostered next month, taking into account the availability of each of the employees during the month. This will allow us to commit to our clients on deliverables’ scope and if needed ask for more employees or to reduce the deliverables.

The template takes the resource availability, holidays, weekends, overtime and vacation data to calculate capacity. Then, based on your input demand data, it can calculate the surplus/deficit capacity. In addition, we can generate an employee availability report.

It can be used in different environments. For example, a Lead (Manager ) leading a team can use this to plan the capacity of his team every month. A project manager who is working on a multi-month long project can plan the resource capacity for the entire duration.

Need a calendar view to showcase the Monthly roster with rotational weekly off of 2 days. It can be customized weekly off as Sunday and Saturday if required.

Team Lead wise view of the weekly, monthly roster for the team.

So far I have created a template wherein I am able to mark the leave and I have the holiday list in a table format. Further help is required from our MS Access Expert in terms of further design and code.

I am sharing the sample database here for the kind reference.

Last edited:

Dreamweaver

Local time
Today, 16:45
This may give you a few Idears

Have downloaded you file but wont be able to look at it until later

Local time
This may give you a few Idears

Have downloaded you file but wont be able to look at it until later

Hi MickJav,

I saw the Employees Example Version 4 Download its been beautifully designed.
Since I am new to MS Access hence couldn't figure out how to go about. I am still learning from google and youtube.

Therefore required a lot of help from your guys. I know for sure this is the platform where all the expert is willingly ready to help a lot.

Dreamweaver

Local time
Please check the errors and corrections Here

I have just had a Idear for an update as it wasn't Originally designed to handle 3000 employees but Think I have a way but am very bussy at moment

mick

Local time
Please check the errors and corrections Here

I have just had a Idear for an update as it wasn't Originally designed to handle 3000 employees but Think I have a way but am very bussy at moment

mick

I know Mick, it's about 3000 employee database and their monthly roster. With lots of customization.
Can someone just gives me a heads-up (Idea) so that I can start building the database and the respective form?
Its gonna be a humongous task for me and the effort and help required is also be gonna humongous.
I request all the expert who has time and interest please extend your help to build this Tool.

Thanks and Regards,
Akbar

Local time
A lot of what you need is in the example

I know .. it's a very observing and I am bit confused from do I start my project. If you have seen my initial part of database wherein I have given the end user to update the leave history and I have tbl holiday as well.
After that what part do I need to initiate.
Help is appreciated

Local time
Someone, please help me with my CapacityPlanning Db further moving. I stuck from where I started and I am going nowhere.

Dreamweaver

Local time
First thing to do is put down all your requirements on paper go though any printed documents then break it down into parts Like Client, Employees, Products, Projects Etc use word so once done you can post a copy for us to look at we can then give you Idears.

Local time
First thing to do is put down all your requirements on paper go though any printed documents then break it down into parts Like Client, Employees, Products, Projects Etc use word so once done you can post a copy for us to look at we can then give you Idears.

So far i have created Table - Employee_List, Leave , Rota_period,tbl_Holidays,tbluSupervisor
Form- frm_leave, frm_Main
Queries - Sup_count- to find the number employee under one team lead..

How to move further..

How are you theDBguy I am struggling with this issue if you could assist me.

Last edited:

HiTechCoach

Local time
Today, 10:45
How to move further.

Akbar ,

The way to move further will take a lot of your hard work, time, and learning new skills.

Welcome to the world of software and database development!

It can easily take a programmer with years of experience months to build what you want. . Without inventory control and scheduling experience, if could take years to create.

If this is the first time you have built something in Access, you are starting out with one of the most difficult things to program in any development platform, not just Access. You will need to dedicate a lot of time to learning the skills you will need.

It will take a lot of effort on your part to learn how to build what you want. There are many great examples that will teach you bits and pieces. It is your job to figure out how to apply them to your specific application.

Online forums like this are here to answer your questions to help you learn to build it yourself or get past a specific problem.

If you will ask a specific question about how to get something to work, showing you ree putting in the effort, then you have a much better chance of getting help.

Local time
Akbar ,

The way to move further will take a lot of your hard work, time, and learning new skills.

Welcome to the world of software and database development!

It can easily take a programmer with years of experience months to build what you want. . Without inventory control and scheduling experience, if could take years to create.

If this is the first time you have built something in Access, you are starting out with one of the most difficult things to program in any development platform, not just Access. You will need to dedicate a lot of time to learning the skills you will need.

It will take a lot of effort on your part to learn how to build what you want. There are many great examples that will teach you bits and pieces. It is your job to figure out how to apply them to your specific application.

Online forums like this are here to answer your questions to help you learn to build it yourself or get past a specific problem.

If you will ask a specific question about how to get something to work, showing you ree putting in the effort, then you have a much better chance of getting help.

I want that way only so that I can add ms access as skill in my kitty.
You let me know how to go about and I will go the way you guys want me to do.

HiTechCoach

Local time
Today, 10:45
One of the best ways I know to improve your programming/developer skills is to recreate the examples.

Do not copy and paste anything, Hand type all the VBA code from any other example.

Doing it is the only way to get experience. Both creating Access objects and using what you built.

I normally spend about an hour or more a day working in an Access application used for managing the company. It is a compiled front end with the back end on a server. I am a regular user doing data entry, running reports, etc. This has been very helpful in learning how to make an Access application easier to use.

I would start by building the foundations tables and, forms, report for keeping track of employees and their history of assignments. Once that is fully functional, then you can build upon it.

Rwceating the example MIkeJav posted. posted would be a great start.

Last edited:
Local time
How do I get the calendar view as horizontal employees name, lead name and vertically as date and day name.

Local time
Have you tried using a Crosstab query?

I have posted this example of how I use a Dynamic Report based on a Crosstab query in some of my Access applications.

If this were my project, I would use the Schedule Grid - DesGrid to display the data on the screen.

It will teach you a lot about what you want to do.
There is a Corona virus effect out here in my country. Hence hardly got chance to see your post. Sorry for replying so late. I would love to learn from you. Give me some time please.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom