more science for richard and the team... (1 Viewer)

conception_native_0123

Local time
Today, 12:14
this post is for @The_Doc_Man . how does this look richard? it seems as though this type of research is doing a world of good for many people!

To please you, I would offer you this: a bustling economy is all about people arguing about what is right and what is wrong. the more of that that goes on, the more robust a population is, the more opinions it has, the more businesses it creates because more followers are created, and thus the more money is makes.

this should sit well in your wheelhouse because it feeds your own retirement if anything! =)

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Adam, thank you for the attempt.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
a bustling economy is all about people arguing about what is right and what is wrong. the more of that that goes on, the more robust a population is, the more opinions it has, the more businesses it creates because more followers are created, and thus the more money is makes.

A bustling economy is about people working and being paid for their efforts so that they can have disposable income - which they then dispose. An economy is all about money in motion. This is sometimes called the "churn" factor. That is because a high churn, or "re-circulation" rate implies that local suppliers and workers are heavily in the loop. When more money circulates locally in an economy, you know it is more robust. Remember this too: Money is meaningless unless it is used. When it is sitting in your wallet, it is likely just another piece of fancy paper. Money is an ARTIFICE that is used to help account for value given/value received for objects or services of disparate content or style. It is the way that you CAN compare apples to oranges - by assigning a reasonable price to each.

Arguments about "right and wrong" do not enter into what makes an economy robust. It might enter in to what makes an overall society politically robust. Opinions do not create businesses. People do. And you don't care about followers because in the traditional sense of the term, followers don't create anything until they have a good business leader to guide them in their business.

If you actually believe what you said about the economy, you know NOTHING about economics, not even as much as I do, and economics isn't even one of my minor subjects.

conception_native_0123

Local time
When more money circulates locally in an economy, you know it is more robust. Remember this too: Money is meaningless unless it is used. When it is sitting in your wallet, it is likely just another piece of fancy paper.
so what would you say about people like me who save as much as they can in their wallets because they are waiting for the next time that the world will stabalize and set aside all of its BS so spending money is safe again and doing so won't cause you to run out? that's exactly what I do constantly, and the current time we live is EXACTLY why. the BS of the current world situation has repeated itself time and time again, and here we ARE once again. it's completely uncertain, which is why I spend absolutely nothing, and the result is nothing more than the world tripping over itself all over again.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:14
Money is meaningless unless it is used. When it is sitting in your wallet, it is likely just another piece of fancy paper.
So true doc, people look at their bank statements and assume it's the same as cash. It represents one possible outcome or value if you spend it.

It's one reason you shouldn't watch long term stocks, it's not real unless you cash out.

conception_native_0123

Local time
It's one reason you shouldn't watch long term stocks, it's not real unless you cash out.
it's funny you mention that, because the news constantly reports "net worth", but most of it, when reported with regard to rich people, are all about their value in stocks. cash is almost completely irrelevant when talking about worth.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 13:14
AB, with that statement, there is book I think you would like: " The Creature From Jekyll Island"

Check it out...

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
So true doc, people look at their bank statements and assume it's the same as cash. It represents one possible outcome or value if you spend it.

I agree with the point that you're making, although plenty of people have done well for themselves taking a different perspective.
But I do tend to be drawn toward income strategies that take profit into fiat currency as frequently as possible!

I also am drawn toward the idea of real estate as an investment much more than almost anything else. It's not perfect, but it just gets you closer to being REAL. Hence my minority answer in my retirement poll, where I was one of just 2 people who indicated a preference/prediction/result of real estate equity or revenue.

Going even further in the concept, I can only imagine the extreme frustration of people in volatile countries (or the US at certain times), where they felt pretty darn real sitting on wads of cash, only to watch even THAT become worthless.

It all becomes a matter of what is happening in the economy versus the asset or currency you happen to have at the moment. Even for cash.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
also am drawn toward the idea of real estate as an investment much more than almost anything else. It's not perfect, but it just gets you closer to being REAL. Hence my minority answer in my retirement poll, where I was one of just 2 people who indicated a preference/prediction/result of real estate equity or revenue.
Agreed.
I would have picked real estate as a top pick because I have a lot of equity. But I chose Social Security and private pensions, I needed a third choice. :)

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Agreed.
I would have picked real estate as a top pick because I have a lot of equity. But I chose Social Security and private pensions, I needed a third choice. :)
yeah the ability to rank the choices would've been ideal

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
so what would you say about people like me who save as much as they can in their wallets because they are waiting for the next time that the world will stabalize and set aside all of its BS so spending money is safe again and doing so won't cause you to run out? that's exactly what I do constantly, and the current time we live is EXACTLY why. the BS of the current world situation has repeated itself time and time again, and here we ARE once again. it's completely uncertain, which is why I spend absolutely nothing, and the result is nothing more than the world tripping over itself all over again.

Actually, there is an answer for that. Money in your wallet is likely to be spent. Money in your bank account earning limited interest is LESS likely to be spent since there is a (slightly) more difficult step involved in getting that money into circulation again. Therefore, there is a different category in some of the more complex economic models that separates "money in pocket" vs "money in bank." You'd be surprised, maybe even astonished, about how many categories of money there are in modern economics.

Your rambling rant exposes your arrogance, by the way. You spend nothing and claim the result is that the world is tripping over itself again. WHO GIVES A RAT'S PATOOTIE? The world doesn't care what you do with your money. I don't care what you do with your money. Why do you think anyone would care what one individual does? You look at uncertainty in economics, which is something that should be no surprise at all. When dealing with forces that operate at the whim of individuals, you WILL see chaos. It is only at the aggregate levels that order presents itself.

conception_native_0123

Local time
The world doesn't care what you do with your money. I don't care what you do with your money. Why do you think anyone would care what one individual does? You look at uncertainty in economics, which is something that should be no surprise at all. When dealing with forces that operate at the whim of individuals, you WILL see chaos. It is only at the aggregate levels that order presents itself.
why do you say this when you said just recently that the economy more or less depends on people SPENDING MONEY?! you say that no one individual can cause an issue, but what happens if *everyone* was like me!? the world would crash. NO? talk about MY words being contradictory. jeez...

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
If everyone was like you, I would be forced to declare a pogrom in self-defense.

You clearly don't understand the point I was making and I have insufficient patience today to make the attempt to explain it to you in short sentences with 2-syllable words.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom