Solved Move records (last, first, etc.) on subform with buttons on main form (1 Viewer)

tihmir

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:03
Hi,
I have main form (Single Form - View) with unbound subform (Datasheet View).
Тhese two forms are created with the same table. On the main form I have control
buttons - "first", "last", "next", etc..
So, I need on the subform be show all entries and when I move previews or next
record on the main form also to move the record on the subform.

The way to link the main form with the subform with Link Master Fields and Chaild Fieldsis
is not suitable because when I do this I don't see all the entries in the subform,
but only the current record that is on the main form.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 13:03
1. I don't recommend binding forms to tables or queries with no criteria.
2. Access has built in navigation bar. You can even give it a name which avoids confusion if you have subforms.
3. What you are describing is not a subform situation. A subform uses a child table, NOT the same table as the parent form.

Thereforem to solve your problem, Create an unbound form and add two forms to it both bound to the same table. Do NOT use master/child links. Each form will operate separately.

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 09:03
Sounds like a Split form. It is possible to emulate a Split form with form/subform but is tricky.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 17:03
Search "emulated split form" here.

oleronesoftwares

Passionate Learner
Local time
I have main form (Single Form - View) with unbound subform (Datasheet View).
Тhese two forms are created with the same table. On the main form I have control
buttons - "first", "last", "next", etc..
So, I need on the subform be show all entries and when I move previews or next
record on the main form also to move the record on the subform
So in this image, both main and subform are from same table, if u move to the next record on the main form, it does the same thing on subform, and if u move to the next record on subform, it moves to the same record on main form.

I don't know if that is what you are looking at?
parentsubsametable.PNG

tihmir

Registered User.
Local time
So in this image, both main and subform are from same table, if u move to the next record on the main form, it does the same thing on subform, and if u move to the next record on subform, it moves to the same record on main form.

I don't know if that is what you are looking at? View attachment 96835
I think what you showed in the picture is exactly Link Master Fields and Chaild Fieldsis (main form/ subform).
But as I said in this way you can only see this record which is in main form, NOT not all records in the table.

oleronesoftwares

Passionate Learner
Local time
I think what you showed in the picture is exactly Link Master Fields and Chaild Fieldsis (main form/ subform).
But as I said in this way you can only see this record which is in main form, NOT not all records in the table
This new image i think achieves it, check it, if satisfied let me know.

All records are shown in datasheet view ,records goes to active record.
splitforms.PNG

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom