Moving Main form record to the one selected in another form (1 Viewer)

MeSRB

Local time
Tomorrow, 01:59
Hello, experts,
I am learning Access and VBA by trial and error. Currently i am trying to design a database (access2007). It has two Tables. 1) tblWorkOrder 2) tblWorkPlace., one main form, frmWorkorder. This main form has a subform , frmworkplacesubform.. Data from frmWorkorder gets stored in tblworkorder and subform data goes to tblworkplace.. Another form, frmworkorderlist, displays all the records of the table tblworkorder.

i have managed to synchronize subform records to main form. but i am stuck at on problem which , even after lot of search and trial, not able to solve. Kindly help.

As shown in the attached image, when i open the frmworkorder, it opens the first record, as shown by the default navigation buttons. That is ok. but when i select another record, say record no 3, through the form frmworkorderlist, record does show in the form controls but the navigation buttons still show the first record. i am not able make it the current record.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• dataentryform.jpg
    dataentryform.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 215

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 21:29
Welcome to the forums! We are the most active Microsoft Access community on the internet by far, with posts going back over 20 years!

To get started, I highly recommend you read the post below. It contains important information for all new users to this forum.

https://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/threads/new-member-read-me-first.223250/

We look forward to having you around here, learning stuff and having fun!

MeSRB

Local time
I think i have posted my question in "introduce yourself" section. Kindly excuse

MeSRB

Local time
as per my search, i think the following code should work:
Private Sub Form_Current()
'Move to the record selected in the control
Me.RecordsetClone.FindFirst "[RegisterNo] = " & Me![txtRegNo]
Me.Bookmark = Me.RecordsetClone.Bookmark

End Sub
But i am getting, 'Runtime error 3077: syntax error(missing operator) in expression.

Please let me know what is wrong in the above code.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom