MP3 files App (1 Viewer)

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Today, 08:24
HELP AGAIN
Someone just supplied me with a flash drive with 25 sermons on it. My wife being in a nursing home wanted to listen to them on her computer. I copied all 25 on to her computer and open them with Win Media Player. They play but the sound is low. I have checked all the Win sound settings and the seem ok. Someone here suggested I go to Microsoft store and download another app. There are so many apps it's mind blogging. Anybody know an app that can give me higher volume.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Today, 07:24
Dick,

I hear you about the nursing home. My mother was in one for 20 years after suffering a terrible and unrecoverable brain injury. She passed away last week after suffering a stroke. Regarding your issue, have you heard of VLC media player? It works wonders and I've used it for years with no problems. It plays most all media-type files, regardless if they are sound files or video files. I'm not sure if the sound issue you're having is related to multiple issues, but I think there are sound settings in the app itself and then in the windows OS also. Have you turned both of those up all the way? Alternatively, if you have an external sound projecting device like a stand-alone speaker that works via bluetooth (which is what I have), they have separate volume settings on them.

Last edited:

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 13:24
I have just downloaded Audacious on one of my computers as Win10 decided iexplore was a better player and took an age to start.

However if they work fine on your computer, I doubt it is the files.?

They could be tweaked with MP3Gain perhaps?

HTH

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Adam,
Thanks for answering. My sympathy about your Mom. I hope it wasn’t from the reckless actions of some drunk person or such. My wife has MS and had to have a leg amputated, but she still has her senses. In fact, it’s her desire for me to develop apps for her that keeps me learning Access. Yes, I have used VCL to watch a few cd movie disc in the past. I had not been concerned with sound as when I am home, I have some external speaks that gives me excellent sound for movies. However, I do have a Bluetooth speaker that I take on the road with me, as the external speakers has to have 110 and wires between two speakers and plug into computer sound jack. She doesn’t have space in her room for such a set up. Even if I buy her a Bluetooth like my she would have to lock it up at night and pull it out when she wants to use it. Occasionally I would also have to pair it, which would be a problem for her. My first option will be locking into an app to increase sound. My first thoughts was go to MSstore and try a few, but I was overwhelmed by so many. Since I have VLC already on my machine, I will give that a try.
I have just check my DB and the closest I have ever preached to you is Des Moines, and that was in June 2003.
Also just went online and checked our organizational DB and the only “Fair” they have done was the Johnson County Fair, Iowa City, IA and that was in 2003. Nobody has done is since then probable because nobody wants to go to IA <grin>. I have some not too found memories when I went to IA. I just had a meeting in Beatrice, NE and got a blow out on my RV on I-80 just outside Des Moines. <Grin>

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Maybe your car is encountering a curse when crossing state lines into iowa dick. 😀 my contention bout leaving earth is that when the body dies the soul is lifted into the heavens and joins the rest that have joined in every point in history. In fact if you read bout the last words of so many prominent people in the that have ascended it is pretty obvious that the angels start taking them and provide them passage thru the gates before the body dies. Great examples of this are people like steve jobs, sam kinison, and padre pio of italy. If u have time look them up. Their last words r all well documented. As far as the issue of this thread ive given u all i know. Hope u get it fixed. 😀

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Maybe your car is encountering a curse when crossing state lines into iowa dick. 😀 my contention bout leaving earth is that when the body dies the soul is lifted into the heavens and joins the rest that have joined in every point in history. In fact if you read bout the last words of so many prominent people in the that have ascended it is pretty obvious that the angels start taking them and provide them passage thru the gates before the body dies. Great examples of this are people like steve jobs, sam kinison, and padre pio of italy. If u have time look them up. Their last words r all well documented. As far as the issue of this thread ive given u all i know. Hope u get it fixed. 😀

Yes, I wildefinitelyly Google them as soon as I get wifestraightenen out.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Yes, I wildefinitelyly Google them as soon as I get wifestraightenen out.
make sure you read what their last words were. That will give you some insight into what the soul sees just before the point of death occurs. In kinisons case it is obvious that hes being told by a divine being that his time has come and he must go. If you need help finding their final words let me know and ill point you to the appropriate webpages and anchor sections.

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
make sure you read what their last words were. That will give you some insight into what the soul sees just before the point of death occurs. In kinisons case it is obvious that hes being told by a divine being that his time has come and he must go. If you need help finding their final words let me know and ill point you to the appropriate webpages and anchor sections.
I have heard of other same response in the my own circle. Looking forward to googling it. Just finish download newest version of VLC. There is a internal volume control but it is not real loud but I can hear it even with my hearing aids out. wifes computer has better speakers than mine so it might be ok. I have to download VLC on her computer and try it.
Thanks

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
There is a internal volume control but it is not real loud but I can hear it even with my hearing aids out. wifes computer has better speakers than mine so it might be ok. I have to download VLC on her computer and try it.
Thanks
Dick,

In earlier versions of VLC about 5-8 years ago, the volume was maxed out at 200%, but the newest version apparently only goes to 125% (see attached image). That's quite annoying I would say, especially when playing video files because each video file, depending on the quality, can naturally play softer than others at the default volume level. I get that all the time when playing my many 800 or so movies I have on my laptop. I don't think there's anything you can do about increasing the max. You can probably ask google for the solution though. It wouldn't surprise me a bit if the people who maintain VLC restricted the max volume setting on it because it's a well documented health concern that playing loud music for too long can cause one to go deaf. If that's true, I'm sure I'll be that boat shortly!! :p

Attachments

• location_of_volume_and_max_setting.jpg
    location_of_volume_and_max_setting.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 237

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
hey Dick,

Even though what I've told you about what might occur at the point of death, it is noteworthy to point out frauds that produce the same kind of story for the purposes of making money. I would assume that these people are plentiful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom