Mr Mahen Dussoye (1 Viewer)

M70

Local time
Today, 07:05
Hi everybody I am from Mauritius visiting UK .I am above 70 I have worked as a Principal Technical Officer as an Electrical Engineer.
I have come here on the 13 of March I am blocked here I spend my time wit MS Access..
I have a huge handicap I have had done cataract operations in both eyes and I was supposed to have eye test in UK and get an appropriate
glasses but Not Yet Done

Hope when the situation will be stable I will go out for test.

Anyway I was looking if in forms at a combo text if we can insert pictures in the drop down list.

Thanks

Mahen

M70

Local time
Today, 07:05
Hi everybody I am from Mauritius visiting UK .I am above 70 I have worked as a Principal Technical Officer as an Electrical Engineer.
I have come here on the 13 of March I am blocked here I spend my time wit MS Access..
I have a huge handicap I have had done cataract operations in both eyes and I was supposed to have eye test in UK and get an appropriate
glasses but Not Yet Done

Hope when the situation will be stable I will go out for test.

Anyway I was looking if in forms at a combo text if we can insert pictures in the drop down list.

Thanks

Mahen

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 21:05
Hi Mahen. Welcome to AWF!

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 23:05
Welcome, Mahen. I've had one of my eyes done for cataracts. Still waiting for the other one. The current corona outbreak has delayed all sorts of surgeries. Good luck with your vision. And your other projects, too.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 05:05
Welcome from me also.

To answer your question, AFAIK there is no way you can include pictures in a combo drop down list.
However, you could place an image control next to the combo to display the relevant image when an item is selected.

Alternatively, you might be interested in my example app where images are displayed as you move over (without clicking) items in a listbox.
See Form 5 in the example app: Accurately Move Forms & Controls

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 00:05
Welcome Mahen. Glad to have you aboard. I'm sure you count on the forum for assistance.

MajP

You've got your good things, and you've got mine.
Local time
This most certainly can be done with an Active X control called an ImageCombo
imageCombo.jpg
imagecombodetails.jpg

I do not know if this is still supported. I am running on an old 2010 version of Access.

Attachments

• ImageCombobox.zip
    58 KB · Views: 82

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 05:05
I stand corrected. I forgot about ActiveX controls
However just tried in 64-bit Access 365 and nothing happened when I clicked the combo. No drop downs

MajP

Local time
However just tried in 64-bit Access 365 and nothing happened when I clicked the combo
Yeah, figures.

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Will have to research that control. I tried it (365 - 16), figuring that it had to be bound to an OLE table field so I embedded a couple of jpg's in it but no luck. Maybe will try other image types later.

MajP

Local time
It uses an image list so normally has to be a .bmp AFAIK

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom