MS Access 2007 in multi user environment (1 Viewer)

Vijayendra

Local time
Yesterday, 16:12
Hi,

So far I was using Access for Single user. Now I want Database created and stored in Server to be used by 6 to 7 users. Users will not have MS Access in thier systems. But have intranet.
From their system internet explorer , if they type" file.exe"(for eg), they should see in their web page necessary info loaded, which should get uploaded from MSAccess database.
user should update the necessary info and click "upload". the info should get uploaded in MSAccess file loaded in Server

Thanks/Agnihotri

AJordan

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 19:12
Well, if you properly split the database (front end/Back end) and everyone is on the same network then the solution is pretty simple. Split your database by taking all of your tables and putting them in their own database (mybackend.accdb) on a server location that everyone has access to. Next link the tables back to your new front end (dont import, use link).

Since the other user dont have Access you will need to download the Access 2007 runtime (its free) and package your database to run in a runtime environment. Distribute the front end to all of your users and your done. For more specifics split databases, packaging, runtime can be searched within the forum, there is a lot of detail t be read

Vijayendra

Local time
Thanks a lot AJordan . Kindly let me know the link to download Access 2007 runtime.

Vijayendra

Local time
Dear Jordan,
(1)Running Access 2007 Runtime- Facing problem
Downloaded 2007 Runtime and installed successfully. Where this application is stored (target path) not able to find :confused:. (may appear studpid ). Please excuse me for posting this message.But really frustrated. Am using Windows Xp.

I want to run Runtime 2007 and see how one database looks like (in the same PC where Access 2007 is already loaded). Step by step approach if you can share , helps me a lot

Since I don't have Guide/expert and ours is small organization , I am really struck

(2)Regarding collecting data from e mail(Using Inventory 2007 database file), I have configured and sent to outlook. From outlook(HTML), I was able to reply the msg with filled data in the form. In Access database I see"Msg received". Also configured automatic process e mail as per instruction. But data enetered by Mail receipent is not getting updated in database. Am using Microsoft Access inside out book for ref.
Kindly suggest way to implement this application in real environment.

Thanks in advance/Agnihotri

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom