MS Access has stopped working (1 Viewer)

Bechert

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:25
Hello All,

I have a customer who is running MS Access 2007 runtime on a Windows 8 laptop. The "MS Access has stopped working" error message occurs when the user clicks 2 of 5 buttons on one form. Access then shuts down. After restarting the software all data is present.

All other forms, reports and buttons work correctly. The VBA code behind these two buttons (one for Cancel and one for Save/Close) close the current form and opens the previous form.

This software has been installed/run on XP, Vista and 7 PCs at this location without problems.

I have run the software successfully on a Windows 8 machine with and without MS Office Professional 2007 and 2010.

The user has run compact and repair against the BE and FE.

The user also uninstalled the pre-installed MS Office 2010 that came with the laptop. I'm not sure when he did the uninstall: before or after the runtime software was installed.

Any ideas on how to solve the problem?

Thanks
Bill

Bechert

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:25
The user has a Windows 8 laptop with touch screen.
They disabled the touch screen feature and the buttons work correctly.
The two buttons that produced the error have the same properties as all the other buttons in the system.
The VBA code behind the buttons is the same as other buttons used to move to a previous form.
I will send them new software that has been decomiled to see if that fixes the original problem.

Bill

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom