MS Access School (1 Viewer)

vhung

Local time
Today, 01:56
Hello, where can we enroll for MS Access mastery/experty, includes web page?

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 03:56
Unfortunately, Access and Web pages don't go well together directly. It IS possible to have Access talk to a back-end such as SQL server, ORACLE, SYBASE, etc. and also have web pages to interact with that back end. The "direct web-to-Access-back-end" feature has been discontinued.

As to learning about Access, you might be able to find some on-line courses. I won't say that schools will never teach Access, but sadly it is not one of the more common classes and as such might be hard to find.

Cronk

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 19:56
There are commercial training firms who offer class room teaching of Access courses. Typically, 3 modules (Intro, Intermediate and Advanced). First 2 modules are 2 days, last is one day. Cost in US is around $350 per day.

I used to teach on a casual basis all of these modules for such a firm. I got a lot of work from that teaching, from students who realized that the training wouldn't let them do more than the most simple systems, unless they were to devote a lot of time in developing Access skills.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Before CompUSA folded, my wife was a software instructor there. They would teach one-week courses for all of the MS Office elements - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access at $150 per course. They had other courses but she only taught Office utilities and Windows Beginner and Intermediate.

It was the best investment I ever made because when we got married, she said she wanted to learn more about computers. CompUSA had a deal where if you bought an $800 membership, you could take any class on the curriculum that was on the schedule during a six-month period. Break-even was six courses. She took 24 courses in 26 weeks and got so good at it that they offered her a job. So the next year, her income exceeded the cost of the courses AND she got a job where she had the chance to talk to people all day and tell them how to do helpful things. It was right up her alley. She used to come home stoked about how good it made her feel to help people in groups like that.

Back then, certain utilities were not considered major elements of Office though their lineup has changed a bit in 14 years. CompUSA had beginner, intermediate, and advanced courses for all of the Office programs. However, sometime around 2006 or 2007, they folded and lost their brick-and-mortar presence. They still exist online for hardware because Tiger Direct bought them out. Apparently they wanted name recognition.

@vhung, I think your best bet is going to be one of the business colleges or commercial computer learning centers. But with this corona virus, you might face on-line learning anyway.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
I've had VERY good experience with Safari / aka O'Reilly. If you or your employer is willing to pay for a subscription, that's really the best experience & value. My usage has been mostly related to non-Access programming environments, but checking them out just now there appears to be large quantity of MS Access content as well. You can filter by books, online videos, conferences, or online courses. You can filter by preferences for shorter, or longer, or "learning paths" that sequentially help you to a defined goal.

The scope and breadth of their content is truly second to none.

vhung

Local time
There are commercial training firms who offer class room teaching of Access courses. Typically, 3 modules (Intro, Intermediate and Advanced). First 2 modules are 2 days, last is one day. Cost in US is around $350 per day.

I used to teach on a casual basis all of these modules for such a firm. I got a lot of work from that teaching, from students who realized that the training wouldn't let them do more than the most simple systems, unless they were to devote a lot of time in developing Access skills.
that is great sir
i connect to you as i decided to start on training...

Attachments

• accdb school2.png
    accdb school2.png
    193.1 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 08:56
I've had VERY good experience with Safari / aka O'Reilly.

I too subscribe to Safari now O'Reilly! And yes, I find it is brilliant also! Just type in your search term and it searches hundreds of books. You know your result is a true, good source of info. The sets of videos are Fantastic as well. I particularly liked the set of videos on PHP by Robert Tucker of infinite skills, but I can't find them now?

pekajo

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 19:56
Hi,
Another alternative is that you ask on this forum for someone to help you as a 'one on one' via video link. There are a number of retires (like my self) etc that would be only to happy to give you time.
Peter

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
True enough, Peter. Uncle Gizmo also has some tutorials, or at least had a few on his web site.

I regret that I cannot engage in this kind of teaching because I don't have the means to make the videos and (purposely) don't have a camera on any of my systems. Part of my old Navy training.

vhung

Local time
Hi,
Another alternative is that you ask on this forum for someone to help you as a 'one on one' via video link. There are a number of retires (like my self) etc that would be only to happy to give you time.
Peter
Yes sir;
i still have to prepare for "Enough Time, fees..."

Attachments

• accdb school5.png
    accdb school5.png
    122.4 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom