MS Word font setting (1 Viewer)

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Today, 12:38
The font size for some reason jumped up to a large size. It still shows a 10 but the print is much bigger. I have tried to change the font to an 8, and looked at settings but nothing works. Even closing out Word and re-loading did nothing. Can anyone help. Thanks

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Today, 09:38
The font size for some reason jumped up to a large size. It still shows a 10 but the print is much bigger. I have tried to change the font to an 8, and looked at settings but nothing works. Even closing out Word and re-loading did nothing. Can anyone help. Thanks

Try changing the ZOOM back to 100%.

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Thanks. Zoom level was at 500%. I have no idea how it got there. I didn't even know it had a zoom, as I have never use it. This site is great, I don't understand why some people are always knocking it.

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Tomorrow, 03:38
BTW a font property that can lead to bewildering anomalies is the Scale setting.

Rather incongruously it can be found under the Character Spacing tab in the Font dialog. It not only changes the spacing but also the width of the characters which isn't immediately obvious given the tab name.

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
You are probably right as I often hold ctrl to get another site on my browser. I aslo hate the scroll section of my touch pad that screws me up sometimes. Thanks

willamtarker

Banned
Local time
Today, 09:38
Sometime we make so small mistakes and don't realise that. And after solved it we probably laugh on ourself that how can we do such silly mistake!!!!:D

rm.harper

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:38
If you use a laptop, you probably slid your finger upwards whilst holding down the Ctrl key

I do this constantly, had me stumped the first time. Now its just an inconvenience :banghead:

maurice.cowell

Local time
Tomorrow, 03:38
I'm using my laptop when I type documents and I tend to encounter this at times as well. This happens when my hand touches the touch pad. What I did was disable its touch pad so I wouldn't have to deal with it again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom