MSComCtl2.MonthView.2 (1 Viewer)

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Today, 03:13
Let's forget it Dick.

He just copied that statement. I already have that on my computer and it is a reference in my Access, yet when I load your form, it tells me MonthView0 has no object, so it does not appear that class is in that ocx? I even tried mscomct2.monthview.2 as well, with same result.
There is no Option Explicit in form main, I have no tbHidden, so it complains about that if I try and compile.

This would just confuse the hell out of anyone, so perhaps best to leave it where it is. :(

View attachment 87345
I think you are right, but I tried.

MajP

You've got your good things, and you've got mine.
Local time
@Gasman
Did you try to register it?
You need to copy the MSCOMCT2.OCX file to c:\windows\sysWOW64 not c:\windows\system32. You then can register it by running from the command prompt or run in the start menu regsvr32 c:\windows\sysWOW64\mscomct2.ocx and it should register although make sure that you run regsvr32 with administrator privileges.

How to run that command in Administrative Mode
================================
1. Click the Start button, then in the "Start Search" box, type CMD but DO NOT press Enter yet.
2. In the list above, under "Programs" right-click on CMD that appears above and choose "Run as Administrator" and click "Continue".
3. In the open window, type the following command and press Enter:

regsvr32 c:\windows\sysWOW64\mscomct2.ocx

MajP

Local time
I would have thought it was registered anyway as I already had it in system32.?
That is probably a bad assumption. I think you will find plenty of components in these folders and not registered.
However, this just goes to show why these Active X controls are such a PITA especially if planning to distribute your application, and thus roll your own.

I have been playing with Hibbs calendar and added a year view, which I think gives a lot of utility. To each their own, but I cannot understand why Dick would not want to import his appointments into this. That would take 5 minutes, but give him a ton more capability.
If interested take a look at the yearview and see if there are any problems / recommendations. I am not quite done. Need a way to show current date. When I am done it will be both a calendar control and year date picker.
Since a year view has only so much real estate I added a Category field to the database. This allows a short identifier to show the type of appointment. For example Vacation is Vac and shows in yellow.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 08:13
@MajP
Just having a peek while being held on the phone.

Is this part of your mods? the ### ?
1607611681954.png

MajP

Local time
No only the yearview control, and the addition of the category field in the appointment table along with a way to enter this on the appointment form.

If talking about the ### then reformat to 8 font to fix.

Attachments

• PeterHibbs_With_MajP_YearView v3.accdb
    3.6 MB · Views: 124
Last edited:

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
I don’t drink, but those of you that do, please tell me the best place to start. I am almost sorry I bought this HP with a faster chip and solid-state HD. I just transferred the front end of my organizations main db from both of my back up computers. Completely deleted first one before transferring second one. It will not work. Transferred this front end many times from computer to computer and it has always worked. In fact, it was put on my computer from a flash drive about 5 computers back.

Attachments

• org db crop.zip
    76.4 KB · Views: 95

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom