Multi-select checkboxes (1 Viewer)

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 01:16
Do you ever have the desire to display a multi-select checkbox, if so, how do you do it? Is it built in to Access?
I know I can draw multiple individual checkboxes on the screen, but I want to squish them all into a scroll-able area.

MajP

You've got your good things, and you've got mine.
Local time
Today, 04:16
Not sure what you mean. Is this a listbox with checkboxes? If so I do it the same way as mentioned here where I fake a Multi value listbox
In that example it is a pop up, but you can do it as a subform.

As described it also sounds like an option group formatted with checks instead of radio buttons

Last edited:

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Hi. I never have the desire, but if someone asks, you can do it using a Multi-Value Field.

Last edited:

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Thanks gentlemen. Thanks Majp for the reference to the other method.
After consideration, I'll stick with a multi select Listbox to achieve roughly the same functionality I guess.

MajP

Local time
After consideration, I'll stick with a multi select Listbox to achieve roughly the same functionality I guess.
@Isaac. It is kind of unfortunate that access does not have a native listbox with checks. People always want that, it is a nicer presentation IMO. The listview had that options, but those are just a pain to work with (no documentation).

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Agreed, it would be nice. Thankfully at least there is the MultiSelect-Simple property value which is about as close as I can get.

MajP

Local time
@Isaac
You may find this interesting. Simple to use and seems to works well.

MajP

Local time
I added 2 useful features to allow you to use the selections. I return a collection or a dictionary of the selections and provide a comma seperated list.

Attachments

• ClassCheckBox v2.accdb
    1.3 MB · Views: 256

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Hi. I never have the desire, but if someone asks, you can do it using a Multi-Value Field.
Just to clarify for others, this is what I meant. MVF1 is a Combo, and MVF2 is a Listbox.

1610559251107.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom