Multiple One-To-Many Relationship (1 Viewer)

anto.danny

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:57
Hello there,

I am trying building a filter using three list box and they filter down at each selection in the list box.

Requirement:

List box:-

1. Equipment type
2. Manufacturer
3. Model

When the user selects equipment type the manufacturer list box should show only manufacturers of the selected equipment type, similarly on the selecting manufacturer the Model list box should show only models made by that manufacturer.

How can I do this?

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 08:57
Hello there,

I am trying building a filter using three list box and they filter down at each selection in the list box.

Requirement:

List box:-

1. Equipment type
2. Manufacturer
3. Model

When the user selects equipment type the manufacturer list box should show only manufacturers of the selected equipment type, similarly on the selecting manufacturer the Model list box should show only models made by that manufacturer.

How can I do this?

You need to research Cascasding Combo Boxes.

This thread should get you started?

http://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=219997

anto.danny

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:57
I had a plan to make tables relationship as one-to-many but the thing is the equipment type will have unique ID but manufacturer cannot be unique as a single manufacturer can make multiple equipment type. So I can make a one to many relationship between equipment type and manufacturer but i cant do the same between manufacturer and model. So I'm lost...:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Can some post a sample so I can get a basic idea on doing this.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom