Multiple types of filtering on form - cascading combo boxes refining a list box selection? (1 Viewer)

AndyC88

Local time
Today, 08:00
Hello all,

I've attached a mock-up of how I'd like a form to work on an access project I'm working on. (complete newbie - no programming experience!)

Yellow box on the left displays a variety of information with regards to employee (more than what is shown).

I'd like to find the most effective way of finding a particular employee, or group of employees. My idea (and please shoot me down if this isn't a good idea) is to use a series of combo boxes, which filter the results in a list box below. User then selects the employee (Dave in this case) and his record his displayed on the left.

Two of the combo boxes, Department and Branch - would need to be cascaded - but the others would not be.

Do-able? And a good approach? Or not?

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• FormExample.jpg
    FormExample.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 449

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 00:00
Doable? Yes. Good approach? Maybe. It all depends on your preferences.

AndyC88

Local time
Today, 08:00
Doable? Yes. Good approach? Maybe. It all depends on your preferences.

Interesting - why would it not be a good approach?

So, what I've done so far is insert the form in yellow as a subform - which is then linked via the parent / child properties to the list box. This seems to work OK. Would this be a good way forward, and what would be the best method of applying filters to that text box?

Thanks,

MajP

You've got your good things, and you've got mine.
Local time
Today, 03:00
You probably want to look here.
Pretty much the same question

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom