Multivalue combobox does not show all values in subform (1 Viewer)

falcondeer

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:35
Hi everybody

I have a main form with a tab control with many pages, and each page has two subforms. One of the subforms is driven from a table that has a multivalued combo box field.

When I open the table, all values in the combobox appears, but when I open the main form with the subform, only some values appears.

I don't know why, pics attached.

Thanks

Pic 1.jpg
Pic 2.jpg
Pic 3.jpg

Last edited:

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 07:35
Can you show the record source for the combobox?

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Today, 06:35
why do you have a lookup field in a table that is on the many side of a relationship? (assuming it is on the many side). r u looking up the values in the combo box from a lookup table that only has one field in it with the values for u to look up?

Mark_

Longboard on the internet
Local time
Personally I've found it to be easier in the long run to not use multi-value fields. How big of an issue would it be for you to have your "Values" be in their own table then create linking records to show which one(s) are relevant for the parent? This then lets you easily use the linking records for reports and the such.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Hi everybody

I have a main form with a tab control with many pages, and each page has two subforms. One of the subforms is driven from a table that has a multivalued combo box field.

When I open the table, all values in the combobox appears, but when I open the main form with the subform, only some values appears.

I don't know why, pics attached.

Thanks

View attachment 77486
View attachment 77487
View attachment 77488
Hi. I agree with the gentleman from Italy. Please show us the Row Source for your Combobox. Thanks.

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 11:35
it's in the 3rd attachment and is a value list.

I don't use multivalue fields and certainly not with a value list, but I suspect if you were to edit the value list, you will create issues such as this one.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
it's in the 3rd attachment and is a value list.

I don't use multivalue fields and certainly not with a value list, but I suspect if you were to edit the value list, you will create issues such as this one.
Hi CJ. Thanks. I missed that. It might be easier if we could see a sample db with this behavior. I wonder if it has something to do with the form being a subform like the linked fields are affecting it. For example, if you open the subform as a standalone form, would all the choices show up?

falcondeer

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks guys

I solved this by deleting the combo box and insert a new one again.

Pic 4.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom