mysql + odbc + vb2005 (1 Viewer)

mlh407

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 22:54
Hi everyone,

I have worked for 5 years with php+mysql+perl+apache on linux. I am working in vb2005 to get a crystal report to view. I have turned up debugging on my mysql server. Everytime I try to connect over odbc from vb, it tells me access deined. (Yes, I works from other remote hosts)

If I save the password as part of the odbc item, it works, it only fails when I type the password in, as it is not saved in the odbc entry.

My end goal is to be able to have a vb app that runs and pulls a crystal report without asking the user for a password to mysql. The password also can not be stored in the odbc. If all went all they would not even have to have an entry in odbc, just the mysql odbc driver.

I am very new at vb, and as such there maybe better ways to do this. I am also open to paying someone to do it for me, if you guys think it is too hard for someone who is just starting.

I would love if somoene could give me a HOWTO or some sample code.

Thanks,
Michael

Adeptus

What's this button do?
Local time
Today, 15:24
You don't want the user to have to give a password, & you don't want it stored in the ODBC...
maybe I'm not understanding, but where else are you wanting it to get the password from?

mlh407

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 22:54
store in the code

Adeptus said:
You don't want the user to have to give a password, & you don't want it stored in the ODBC...
maybe I'm not understanding, but where else are you wanting it to get the password from?

I want to hardcode it in the source code

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom