Name AutoCorrect (1 Viewer)

Danny

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:59
Greetings,

When creating query and attempted to add table, I noticed few changes:

1. One of the tables has a yellow border in the relationship window. I researched online and learned office 365 has a new feature to allow selection of multiple tables

2. . When I right clicked and selected “show table”, I didn’t see the usual tables list. Instead, I get a window displayed on the right side of the property sheet. When I selected the “Tables” tab, I received Name AutoCorrect Save Failures error. And, when All tab is selected, I get a list of all objects, to include tables, queries, switchboard items etc.

A while back, I remember turning OFF Name AutoCorrect options. However, when checking these options again, they were turned back ON. I’m not sure if these options were turned ON due to the recent office 365 updates. Currently, Name AutoCorrect Options are turned OFF.

I’ve attached a screenshot to find out if I need to make any adjustments etc.

TIA
Regards,

Attachments

• Screenshot.zip
    74.9 KB · Views: 103

Danny

Registered User.
Local time
Hi theDBguy,

Thanks for the reply, also for the useful resources.
So, whenever creating a query and adding tables, is the screenshot in my OP what I expect to see moving forward?

TIA
Regards,

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:59
Hi theDBguy,

Thanks for the reply, also for the useful resources.
So, whenever creating a query and adding tables, is the screenshot in my OP what I expect to see moving forward?

TIA
Regards,
I think so... Edit: I mean, you can expect the new look and functionality. I have no idea about the AutoCorrect issue. That, I wouldn't expect to happen.

FYI. I didn't download your attachment until you asked me to look at it. In the future, for screenshots, it might be simpler to just embed the images in your post, so members don't have to download and open a file just to look at them. For example, here are you screenshots (so others won't have to download your file attachment).

1601652607310.png

1601652616400.png
1601652621974.png

Danny

Registered User.
Local time
Noted, thanks for the suggestion!

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 11:59
If its no longer needed you can safely delete the NameAutocorrect Save Failures table.

Do you see the last three items when you click on links?

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:59
If its no longer needed you can safely delete the NameAutocorrect Save Failures table.

Ahh, I didn't realize that was an actual table. :)

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Its created automatically when there is an issue with autocorrecting names.
Always a good idea to read its contents before deleting it!

Here's an example I saved previously:

1601666312501.png

For info, the Nav Pane in the screenshot also shows another automatically generated table (Conversion Errors) which is created when there are issues converting an MDB to ACCDB

Last edited:

Danny

Registered User.
Local time
isladogs, thanks.
when I click links, what I see is my table names (screenshot)

Screenshot1.png

Always a good idea to read its contents before deleting it!
Before I delete, below is the content of the Name AutoCorrect Save
Screenshot2.png

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
I'm a little confused....
Links should show linked tables in your backend database.
However you are showing relationships between some of these which suggests those tables are in your front end....?
Can you clarify please.

If you're happy that the info in the name autocorrect save failures table isn't needed, go ahead and delete it.

Danny

Registered User.
Local time
1. Where exactly can I locate 'links' so I can post a screenshot and answer your question. Is it in the front end?
2. If you're happy that the info in the name autocorrect save failures table isn't needed, go ahead and delete it.
The info in the name autocorrect save failures given were
Object Name
frmKickOutDB
frmMaxCallID

Object Type:
Form

I'm not sure what exactly this means. I assume this is the cause of the error, correct?

TIA

Regards,

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
1. Is this a split database? Are those linked tables from a backend database?
You can do a screenshot of the tables section in the nav pane or show the linked table manager.

2. It means that at some point you tried renaming those two forms but something went wrong. Usually it means not all items referencing those forms had the references updated. If so, you will find certain things don't work as expected e.g. A query filtered using one of those forms as a reference won't filter correctly.

Danny

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks, '
1. Is this a split database? Are those linked tables from a backend database?
yes, (screenshot)
Screenshot3.png

2. I'm not familiar with the two forms listed. I even searched in the front end & they do not exist in the DB.
3. After I deleted the Name AutoCorrect Save failure, I attempted to open existing queries and I get "Circular reference caused by 'my table name'

TIA
Regards,

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Those are linked tables. The arrow next to the name indicates that.

At some point those two forms existed. You've now got a problem as some of your queries now have incorrect references.
Did you make a backup of your database before deleting that table?

Danny

Registered User.
Local time
I didn't make a a backup of the database prior to deleted the table as I did this sandbox environment. I get name auto correct save failure in both development & production, but not yet deleted the table.

TIA
Regards,

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
OK so you still need to fix the queries with issues

Danny

Registered User.
Local time
Yes, but not sure how to go about fixing these issues.
In my sandbox environment I can not open/edit all queries after I deleted the the name auto correct save failure table due to circular reference caused by 'tblMytableName'

TIA
Regards,

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Sorry Danny but you're confusing me. In post #15 you said you hadn't deleted the table. In post #17 you say you have deleted it.
Can you open any queries with circular references in SQL view? If you can, copy and paste a sample of those here.
At the moment, none of us have enough info to give you any specific guidance

Danny

Registered User.
Local time
Sorry about the confusion.
I have three environments: sandbox, dev and production.

1. I deleted this table only in my sandbox environment. And, only in the sandbox environment is where I get 'circular reference error. As per your request here is a sample SQL view:
Code:
SELECT tblPICTSDATA.PICTSID, tblPICTSDATA.REFDT, tblPICTSDATA.ASSIGNDT, tblPICTSDATA.PICTSSTAT, tblPICTSDATA.PROVNM, tblPICTSDATA.PROVNO, tblPICTSDATA.LOCNO, tblPICTSDATA.RECIPLTNM, tblPICTSDATA.RECIPFTNM, tblPICTSDATA.RECIPID, tblPICTSDATA.IUID, tblPICTSDATA.SOURCEID, tblPICTSDATA.TYPECD, IIf([PROVNM] Is Not Null,[PROVNM],[RECIPLTNM] & ", " & [RECIPFTNM]) AS CASETITLE
FROM tblPICTSDATA
WHERE (((tblPICTSDATA.PICTSSTAT)=2 Or (tblPICTSDATA.PICTSSTAT)=3));

2. I didn't delete the name auto correct save failure table in development and production. So, I do not get the circular reference error in dev and production environment. I think the purpose of my OP was that when I attempted to modify existing query, I right click and choose show table and I noticed something different i.e the name auto correct save failure appears as shown in my OP screenshot.

Please let me know if this helps.

TIA
Regards,

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Sorry about the confusion.
I have three environments: sandbox, dev and production.

1. I deleted this table only in my sandbox environment. And, only in the sandbox environment is where I get 'circular reference error. As per your request here is a sample SQL view:
Code:
SELECT tblPICTSDATA.PICTSID, tblPICTSDATA.REFDT, tblPICTSDATA.ASSIGNDT, tblPICTSDATA.PICTSSTAT, tblPICTSDATA.PROVNM, tblPICTSDATA.PROVNO, tblPICTSDATA.LOCNO, tblPICTSDATA.RECIPLTNM, tblPICTSDATA.RECIPFTNM, tblPICTSDATA.RECIPID, tblPICTSDATA.IUID, tblPICTSDATA.SOURCEID, tblPICTSDATA.TYPECD, IIf([PROVNM] Is Not Null,[PROVNM],[RECIPLTNM] & ", " & [RECIPFTNM]) AS CASETITLE
FROM tblPICTSDATA
WHERE (((tblPICTSDATA.PICTSSTAT)=2 Or (tblPICTSDATA.PICTSSTAT)=3));

2. I didn't delete the name auto correct save failure table in development and production. So, I do not get the circular reference error in dev and production environment. I think the purpose of my OP was that when I attempted to modify existing query, I right click and choose show table and I noticed something different i.e the name auto correct save failure appears as shown in my OP screenshot.

Please let me know if this helps.

TIA
Regards,
Thanks. I understand your setup now.
Was that one of the queries that errors once the NameAutocorrect table is deleted? I ask as there’s nothing that refers to a form nor does there appear to be anything that would cause a circular reference. Having said that I’m replying on my phone so may have missed something.
I think it would be helpful to upload a copy of your dB removing any confidential data. I may not be able to look at it as I only have phone connection at the moment but hopefully someone can have a look

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom