Tip Navigation Pane Scroll Bounce -- Access 2007 (1 Viewer)

gbnz

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 19:34
I am making this a tip but if someone else has a better solution please comment.

System Description:

Office 2007

The issue is when you scroll the navigation pane down (or up) the whole menu list, once you stop the scroll, will jump at least 3 spaces in the opposite way. This is very annoying!!
It seems to happen after loading Office 2007 SP2 or SP3. I have noticed that there is a hotfix from Microsoft for 32bit Operating Systems but I have been unable to find one for a 64bit OS.

The solution is (or the cause is) what is set for the "Text Size" in the Display settings. All Control Panel Items>Display "Make it easier to read what's on your screen" If it is set to Medium - 125% the menu items will jump. If it is set to Smaller - 100%(default) then the menu will not jump. I like the 125% setting because I am older and can read things on the computer easier and keep the resolution at the recommended level for my Wide Screen Monitors.

So here is where a decision has to be made. Either you go with the 125% and deal with the jumping Nave Pane or change it to 100% and your Monitor Resolution to one that is comfortable to use. Except you lose some crispness (for lack of a better term) because you have set your monitors up with a resolution that is not recommended.

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Yesterday, 17:34
The easiest solution is to change the VIEW BY from DETAILS to LIST.

gbnz

Registered User.
Local time
The easiest solution is to change the VIEW BY from DETAILS to LIST.

I did try all three types and although the bounce wasn't as bad it still did it for me :(

phinix

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:34
I know this is old thread, but I have this issue and cannot fix it any way:(

I have Windows 8 and Office 2007 SP3 installed.
Resolution of the y laptop screen is 3200x1080, so had to set display to 200%.
After that navigation pane in Access keeps jumping when scrolled.
I noticed that pane elements are far from each other, like the space between them wasn't scaled properly.

I don't want to lower the resolution, what most of people would suggest.

Has this been fixed since last post?

gbnz

Registered User.
Local time
I know this is old thread, but I have this issue and cannot fix it any way:(

I have Windows 8 and Office 2007 SP3 installed.
Resolution of the y laptop screen is 3200x1080, so had to set display to 200%.
After that navigation pane in Access keeps jumping when scrolled.
I noticed that pane elements are far from each other, like the space between them wasn't scaled properly.

I don't want to lower the resolution, what most of people would suggest.

Has this been fixed since last post?

Hi phinix,

Sorry I am not too sure about Windows 8 but the only fix for the Navigation Pane jump that I have found in Windows 7 is on the "Make it easier to read what's on your screen" is to keep it set to "Smaller = 100% (default)"

phinix

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:34
Hi phinix,

Sorry I am not too sure about Windows 8 but the only fix for the Navigation Pane jump that I have found in Windows 7 is on the "Make it easier to read what's on your screen" is to keep it set to "Smaller = 100% (default)"

Yep, this is exactly what I found on internet - keeping it at 100% fixes everything.
Only problem is that it is hard to read anything at 4K resolution:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom