Need help on a complex table structure (1 Viewer)

S_M

Local time
Today, 02:40
Hi,

Currently I'm working on a database that will track deliveries a company will make. The database will comprise of the following tables and their function:
- A Driver Table: This will contain information about the driver such as their name and contact details.
- A Products Table: This will contain a list of all the products the company will sell, including details about the product.
- A Vehicle Table: Including information such as the registration of the vehicle.
- A Deliveries Table: Detail information such as the driver assigned to the delivery, which products they will be delivering, the vehicle they are assigned to and will include the amount the driver will charge to make the delivery.

Would it be better I use the deliveries table or make a query instead, I do need to track the deliveries and then calculate the weekly charge I need to pay each driver.

Thanks,
Sunny

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
Yesterday, 20:40
Definitely a deliveries table--that's the one that ties all those other tables together.

I suggest you make all the tables you think you need along with the fields, complete the Relationship Tool in Access then take a screenshot of it and post back here and we can review the table structure you think you need.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 18:40
Hi. Sounds to me like you will need the Deliveries table as a junction table for linking all the other information together.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 21:40
You may need a customer table also. The deliveries table ties together products, customers, and drivers so it handles two m-m relationships

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom