need help (1 Viewer)

eugzl

Local time
Today, 16:33
Hi All.
I try to create form to add new equipment. In the form I created cascade comboboxes: Brand, DeviceType, Model or Device. How it works.
When user open form to add new equipment, first of all, user must to select brand (Dell, HP, ets or blank.). The cboBrand is filtering cboDeviceType list (PC, Printer, Monitor, ets. or Other - if type of equipment is single). The cboDeviceType is filtering cboModel. And after that I have a dilemma. If cboDeviceType selected Other and cboDevice doesn't has in the list according device how to give an user ability to enter absolutely new device which does not exists in database yet. If I add text field for that so I will have two device controls ComboBox and TextField. I will appreciate for any idea to avoid duplication for device fields.

Thanks

LarryE

Local time
Today, 13:33
Hi All.
I try to create form to add new equipment. In the form I created cascade comboboxes: Brand, DeviceType, Model or Device. How it works.
When user open form to add new equipment, first of all, user must to select brand (Dell, HP, ets or blank.). The cboBrand is filtering cboDeviceType list (PC, Printer, Monitor, ets. or Other - if type of equipment is single). The cboDeviceType is filtering cboModel. And after that I have a dilemma. If cboDeviceType selected Other and cboDevice doesn't has in the list according device how to give an user ability to enter absolutely new device which does not exists in database yet. If I add text field for that so I will have two device controls ComboBox and TextField. I will appreciate for any idea to avoid duplication for device fields.

Thanks
Have all your issues been resolved now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom