Need the code for the TaggedValue and TaggedValues classes (1 Viewer)

emphyrio61

Local time
Today, 11:49
Several years ago I purchased the Access 2002 Desktop Developer Handbook by Litwin, Getz and Gunderloy. Although the book is quite old now, I still use this book quite often as a resource for my programming activities in MS-Access. In chapter seven I found an introduction to the TaggedValue and TaggedValues classes. These classes provide a streamlined way of utilizing the control TAG property to create your own custom properties. I wanted to use this in my application, but to my horror I seem to have displaced the CD ROM that came with it. I cleaned out my office several years ago, throwing away old CD's. I am afraid that my CD that belongs to the book somehow was part of that pile that I threw away... :( So now I have the book, but not the CD....

The code of those two classes can be found on the chap07.mdb sample database on the CD ROM. I was wondering if a member of this forum still has that CD? If so would it be possible to post the source code of those two classes? Or even better the sample database chap07.mdb. Hope someone can help me with this.

Best regards,
Emphyrio

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 03:49
Hi. Welcome to AWF!

I'll have to check my copy of the book when I get home. Otherwise, I hope someone else comes to your rescue sooner. Good luck!

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 10:49
I have the 2000 version of the same book and one of the 2 CDs. I'll have a look later if DBG doesn't get there first.
IMHO, still the best ever Access reference books.

emphyrio61

Local time
Today, 11:49
I think that TaggedValue classes are indeed also described in the 2000 version. So hopefully the CD will also have the same code example database. And yes you are right, this book is definitely number one on my list of books on MS-Access.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 10:49
They are indeed in chapter 7 of the 2000 book / CD
Hope this is what you need. I've never looked at this specific code

Attachments

• Ch07.mdb
    2.2 MB · Views: 159

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom