Networking (1 Viewer)

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Yesterday, 20:30
Networking
I just had my old Toshiba with win xp refurbish, so that I could use it as a backup, and also look for some lost files. I have two networks set up in my office. One is to get on internet with a Verizon 4G wirelesses. The other is a netgear that is a LAN between three computers and a printer. I have not been able to connect to either networks, with the Toshiba. The others work fine, both are Win 7. I have all the correct SSID and passwords. I have just spent time on the phone with Verizon and I think I know more than these gals (2), by some of the questions they ask. Either way I am not connected. Here is the error message I get. “The web password length is not correct. This can be entered as 5 or 13 ASCI characters or 10 or 26 hexadecimal values." Anybody have any advice?

RainLover

VIP From a land downunder
Local time
Today, 11:30
Microsoft have an article on Networking with Windows 7.

There is a different way to connect just Windows7 as to a Mixture of 7. Vista and XP.

If you can't find the acticle then I will try to find it for you. Just Post Back and ask.

You can get there by using Help from one of the Networking Screens.

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Yesterday, 20:30
Thanks, I will try and Google it, but if you come across it please send it.

rodmc

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:30
Use the OSI model to determine your problem, in other words:

Physical - cabling and hardware, check connection and continuity of cables ( although doesnt apply if your using wireless)
Data Link - NIC/MAC addressing
Network - IP addressing
Transport - TCP configuration
There are a further 3 layers (Session, Presentation and Application)but its more than lilely the above is where your probelm lies

using ipconfig /all in a DOS window (command prompt) from your client PC will help you get to the bottom of your problems, check the details against the details of your router

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom