Access User Group – Europe (1 Viewer)

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 16:13
I'm asking these questions because unless the feature is extensively used, I don't want to look into it. Any additional plugin costs time, money and adds a security risk to the site getting hacked.

Any reason not to use Google Calendar or just pop in this forum to look for new threads? Or, how about adding a "watch" so you get notifications anytime someone posts to this forum section or thread?

oleronesoftwares

Passionate Learner
Local time
Today, 09:13
If you visit the AUG website, you'll find an event calendar for all of the groups, including Colin's Access Europe and my Access Pacific.
Thanks, am aware of the event calendar, this suggestion is to assist AWF members who are active in the AUG and other events to reach out to AWF(as one of the primary groups they belong to).

It's like a politician going for a seat in the Senate, choosing to inform those in his/her constituency of the plan.

GPGeorge

Grover Park George
Local time
Thanks, am aware of the event calendar, this suggestion is to assist AWF members who are active in the AUG and other events to reach out to AWF(as one of the primary groups they belong to).

It's like a politician going for a seat in the Senate, choosing to inform those in his/her constituency of the plan.
I see. What I do is create a bookmark in my browser for each site I visit regularly. Not exactly the same as having links to every site available from every other site, but it IS custom to my particular browsing habits.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Personally, I don't think its something that needs to be added to the list of forum features.
We had 19 people at the first meeting which is about average for these meetings.
Of those far less than half were regular AWF visitors

Surely, when each meeting is announced, anyone interested can just make a note of the date and time
Or do what I do.... I have put recurring reminders on my phone for each of the monthly events that I visit.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
I would welcome more AWF members just as I would attendees from other forums and those who don't use forums at all.
Subscribers will get reminders before the event anyway.

However, I still think its up to individuals to decide whether or not to attend once they know the date/time & topic and to set a reminder for themselves.

Last edited:

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
You have indirectly stated the reason it can be useful, more AWF members can become more involved in such events
I thank you for your suggestions. Whether or not they go through to execution doesn't matter. All suggestions go into the melting pot and it shows good will towards the community.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
The next Access Europe meeting will be on Wednesday 6 April from 18:00-19:00 UK time (currently UTC+1)
The session will be presented by Chris Arnold who will be demonstrating his new and very powerful Access Studio application.

For more details, see:

The meeting will again be held on Zoom. You can connect using:

If you are asked:
Meeting ID: 924 3129 5683
Passcode: 661210

I hope you will be able to join us!

AccessStudio.PNG

Last edited:

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
The next Access Europe meeting will be on Wednesday 4 May at 18:00 (6PM) UK time (currently UTC+1).
This is equivalent to 19:00 (7PM) in Central Europe / CEST (UTC+2) and 10AM in Seattle / PDT (UTC-7)
For other local times, see https://www.worldtimebuddy.com/

The session will be presented by Crystal Long who will be comparing Classic vs Modern Charts in Access.
CoverSlide.PNG

Here is one of Crystal's examples

chart_ClusteredColumn_Category_Line_Total.png

For more details about the event, see:

https://accessusergroups.org/europe/event/access-europe-2022-05-04/

Also, see Crystal's own post at
want to come to an online user group meeting? | Access World Forums (access-programmers.co.uk)

Join our Cloud HD Video Meeting

If you are asked:

strive4peace

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 11:13
The next Access Europe meeting will be on Wednesday 4 May at 18:00 (6PM) UK time (currently UTC+1).
This is equivalent to 19:00 (7PM) in Central Europe / CEST (UTC+2) and 10AM in Seattle / PDT (UTC-7)

The session will be presented by Crystal Long who will be comparing Classic vs Modern Charts in Access.
View attachment 100266

Here is one of Crystal's examples

View attachment 100267

For more details about the event, see:

https://accessusergroups.org/europe/event/access-europe-2022-05-04/

Also, see Crystal's own post at
want to come to an online user group meeting? | Access World Forums (access-programmers.co.uk)

Join our Cloud HD Video Meeting

If you are asked:

thanks, Colin @isladogs -- looking forward to sharing ideas about visualizing data with others

strive4peace

AWF VIP
Local time
by the way, the Clustered Column with Line chart that Colin @isladogs showed is a CLASSIC chart ... they might start out ugly, but you can make them beautiful! ... let me show you how

Classic charts have been in Access a long time! So even if you have an old version of Access, you'll be able to create and beautify them!

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
The video of Crystal's presentation to last week's Access Europe meeting is now available on YouTube:

GPGeorge

Grover Park George
Local time
If I'm doing the math on Time Zones right, it's two and a half hours from right..... now.

strive4peace

AWF VIP
Local time
the premiere is over now (thanks to all who came!) ... now the video available for anyone who wants to watch. Look in the video description (on YouTube) for links to download files

Last edited:

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
The next Access Europe meeting will be on Wednesday 1 June at 18:00 (6PM) UK time (currently UTC+1).

The session will be presented by Alan Cossey who will be demonstrating his Standard Module Object Generation utility (SMOG)

For more details (and clear the SMOG!), see: Access Europe – Alan Cossey (SMOG) – Europe – AccessUserGroups.org

The meeting will again be held on Zoom. You can connect using: Join our Cloud HD Video Meeting

I hope you will join us!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom