New and New (1 Viewer)

WTE

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:21
Hi everyone

I am new to this forum, and I am new to access too! I am one of those people who have used MS Office since it saw its first light, but looked at Access only when I install office from time to time and think to myself: "Access what?". Then recently my brother in law - a datamatician - suggested I should use Access when I was asking him what to do for this project I wanted to work on.

My developing skills are meager - I found a tutorial through my University, but they barely teach you anything beyond the basics. I am trying to create a database for a non-profit organization I work for - a volunteer database, donations database and so on. It could save the organization hundreds of hours in paperwork every year, so I thought I would give it a go :). I have encountered problems here and there, but I have made it through so far without too many upsets. I really enjoy using Access and I will probably continue to use it to help other organizations in the future - all pro bono obviously. I do it as a hobby I guess.

The forum looks great!!

G81

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:21
Welcome. Thats great that you are doing it for a good cause.

It's a clever bunch here. Learnt loads from them.

Bikers

Local time
Today, 00:21
Re: New and Welcome

I am Haris ,New to this account.Warm Welcome to all .I think forum is a place to share our problems with each other and find thier best solution.SO keep doing posts and solve ours problems. Have a nice day....

G37Sam

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:21
Welcome on board man, very good gesture of you to be wanting to create that DB. If you start a new thread with what exactly you want to achieve I'm sure you'll get all the help you need :)

Lightwave

Ad astra
Local time
Welcome to the forum...

Sorry don't mean to be rude but what's a datamatician?

I 've had a look through online dictionary and although I found a company with the same name couldn't find a definition.

G37Sam

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:21
Oh come on guys, use some imaginiton

Someone good with Maths = Mathematician

Someone good with Data = Datamatician lol

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
That was what I thought but I was thinking it had to be a Job Role as opposed to conjoined words hehe!!

I think I prefer Mathemadatian better :D

WTE

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:21
Yeah, G37Sam you're right - that's what I meant. It was a direct translation from Danish which is my mother tongue. My brother in law is Danish, which is why i knew his title only in Danish. I looked through a dictionary and found no better alternative, so I still don't know what you call it. He is a programmer of a sort I guess, but not with databases. Sorry for the confusion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom