New entries not showing in Query (1 Viewer)

JulesMM

Local time
Yesterday, 20:40
I have an access database with several queries based on tables. Tables contain names of products and product code numbers associated with companies that manufacture them. However now if I add a new product code to the table the search by product code does not give the desired results. It actually gives a blank report. The system appears to have worked fine up until early this year and I have made no changes to any other queries Anyone familiar with any changes that may have taken place in Windows that would cause this problem. Thank you.

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Do you have tables and relationships such as

Company-->ManufacturesProduct<--Product

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 19:40
The question is whether it is giving a blank report or a report based on a null return. One would be a "data not in table" case but the other could just as well be because the query is an outer JOIN (left or right flavor) that is missing some data. Like, if you add a product code but didn't add the company, and if the report depended on the company, you have a problem. I'm saying in words what jdraw was asking in programming terms.

Therefore, I don't know that we have enough info to answer your question immediately.

By the way... I see this is your first post. Welcome to the forum.

JulesMM

Local time
I get a blank report for the new product that I just added. The product is in the tables. It is not a new manufacturer. The information shows up in other reports all based on the same tables but different queries. The queries work fine for hundreds of other products associated with many manufacturers. But when I add a new product to one of the other manufacturers, I get a blank report. The query was written over a year ago, and there have been no changes made to that query. I was able to find a backup copy of the database program from last year and I'm getting the same blank report when I add a new product to that old program.

Auntiejack56

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:40
Well, do you know what I think? I think the product has attributes other than manufacturer and code. And one of them hasn't been completed when you entered the new product, so the query (using INNERs) doesn't pick up the product. Possible?
Jack

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom