New Import Specification (1 Viewer)

MailMan

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:22
I am in the process of creating a new database application. When I first import the data I will be using I cannot find the Import Wizard to create the needed import specifications. The advanced button that used to show up in the lower left corner is no longer there. I am using Office 2010. I noticed this a few weeks ago among other problems and had to have my computers reimaged. It did not show back up after the reimage. How to I get the advanced feature to show again or is there another way to create and edit an import specification?

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:22
import wizard can be found under the external data tab on the ribbon

MailMan

Registered User.
Local time
Attached is a picture of what I have available on my ribbon. Also attached are the options for the ribbon. I don't have a wizard option.

Attachments

• External Data Ribbon.PNG
    External Data Ribbon.PNG
    28.4 KB · Views: 80
  • Ribbon Options.PNG
    Ribbon Options.PNG
    24 KB · Views: 78

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
not sure what you mean by a wizard option - they are all wizards for each file type. Don't know what type of file you want to import but all the standard ones are there - have you tried clicking on one and following the prompts?

MailMan

Registered User.
Local time
The advanced button in the lower left is missing.

Attachments

• Spreadsheet Wizard.PNG
    Spreadsheet Wizard.PNG
    17.4 KB · Views: 72

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
so far as I am aware, there is no button for excel files - the advanced button you are referring to is for text files since Excel is already typing the data.

It's one of the reasons I don't like importing/linking from Excel - it doesn't always get it right.

Change your excel file to a .csv file and you will see the advanced button. If it needs to be Excel, you'll need to live with it

MailMan

Registered User.
Local time
That worked. I guess I didn't know that because I also try to avoid Excel imports. This time the data is already in Excel so I was importing from there. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom