New Member (1 Viewer)

jms3257

Local time
Today, 14:00
Hello my name is Jim Smith, and yes that is my real name. I am retired from years in the woodworking industry. many of those I spent as a Project Engineer and or Production Engineer. Used a program called Pattern Systems, it was basically a very large and complex database. I didn't create it but spent a lot of time inside it's tables, quires and forms. Mostly creating and modifying formulas to create the individual parts, and hardware to cultist and create casework/cabinets.

Now to keep busy in retirement I photograph High School Sports (at least until Corona shut down everything) I am using my downtime to create an Access Database to replace the very bulky spreadsheet I have been using. It will include every HS in the state of New Mexico, to track Schools, Teams, Team Rosters, Team Schedules, Athletic Directors. Mostly using existing links to MaxPreps Websites, as well as NMAA "New Mexico Athletic Association" Ultimate goal is to have a Main form or Switchboard that will allow me to with a drop down search pick the 2 teams I will be photographing, showing the selected information based on the chosen School, Team, and Sport, with buttons to get me to additional information such as email addresses.

Most likely before I'm done I will need some guidance from others that know far more than I do.

I Thank You for accepting into your Forum as well as any assistance I may receive
Jim Smith

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 16:00
Welcome to the forum , Jim. Glad to have you join us.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 13:00
Hi Jim. Welcome to AWF!

strive4peace

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 15:00
Welcome to Access World forums, Jim! It sounds like you've got a big database to design and build! Good luck with your project.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom