New 'round these parts (1 Viewer)

craevw

Local time
Yesterday, 22:55
Hi, everyone!

I'm Crae, but prefer to go by CV. I'm new to Access in its entirety- in the sense that the first time I opened it I thought it was just a glorified Excel workbook. I'm currently only really working on one project and was told Access would be the best way to design it and display it for other users to use; you'll probably see a lot of questions from me as I'm way out of my depth with SQL, VBA, and all the other acronyms that make my head spin.

I'm hoping to get to know Access and y'all better as I work on this project and learn a lot from your analytical brains.

Have a great week!

-CV

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 03:55
Welcome to the forums! We are the most active Microsoft Access community on the internet by far, with posts going back over 20 years!

To get started, I highly recommend you read the post below. It contains important information for all new users to this forum.

https://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/threads/new-member-read-me-first.223250/

We look forward to having you around here, learning stuff and having fun!

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Yesterday, 22:55
Welcome to AWF CV!

first time I opened it I thought it was just a glorified Excel workbook.
Son, 'dems fightin' words...!

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 21:55
Hello, CV, and welcome. Yes, Access initially LOOKS similar to spreadsheets because an Access datasheet sort of, kind of, maybe sometimes acts like a spreadsheet. But then again, no. For someone used to spreadsheets, Access makes you think harder because of the more complex structures you can choose to achieve your result.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom