New to Access (1 Viewer)

trishababycake

Local time
Today, 16:11
Hi all

I am pretty new to Microsoft access and I am trying to create a database to log each enquiry our business receives.

Once the data is entered such as contact name, email address, sales agent etc I would like that entry to be sent to the sales agent by the press of a button if possible.

I have started a document and just need some help.

Can anyone assist please?

Thanks

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 00:11
First, I'm going to suggest that you use our forum's search feature (upper right, at the far end of the menu bar). Look for "manage contacts" or just the word "contacts" to see some articles we might have on this subject.

Your particular problem could have any of several solutions, from building a small report which you then use a DoCmd.SendObject on it, to building a custom text string with attachments and a mailing list and then activating Outlook to build and send the message. When you look through the forum for e-mail articles, you will perhaps have an idea as to which way you want to go.

Second, you posted a problem to an introduction forum. Please do not take this as criticism. It happens all of the time with new members, and with a post count of "1" you're as new as we can ever get. Take this as me simply m informing you that there are topic-specific sections where problem requests are commonly handled. Since I am a moderator, I am going to move your problem to the "GENERAL" section. I know that you are new and haven't had time to learn how we do things. But this is no biggie. No demerits, and we won't even flog you with a wet noodle for this. ;)

trishababycake

Local time
Today, 16:11
First, I'm going to suggest that you use our forum's search feature (upper right, at the far end of the menu bar). Look for "manage contacts" or just the word "contacts" to see some articles we might have on this subject.

Your particular problem could have any of several solutions, from building a small report which you then use a DoCmd.SendObject on it, to building a custom text string with attachments and a mailing list and then activating Outlook to build and send the message. When you look through the forum for e-mail articles, you will perhaps have an idea as to which way you want to go.

Second, you posted a problem to an introduction forum. Please do not take this as criticism. It happens all of the time with new members, and with a post count of "1" you're as new as we can ever get. Take this as me simply m informing you that there are topic-specific sections where problem requests are commonly handled. Since I am a moderator, I am going to move your problem to the "GENERAL" section. I know that you are new and haven't had time to learn how we do things. But this is no biggie. No demerits, and we won't even flog you with a wet noodle for this. ;)

Thank you - I had no idea.

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Yesterday, 21:11
Can use SendObject method. Could be as simple as:

DoCmd.SendObject acSendNoObject, , , Me.tbxAgentEmail, , , "Test", "Data entered: " & Me.tbxContactName & "; " & Me.tbxContactEmail

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 00:11
@trishababycake, of COURSE you had no idea about our posting habits. But like I said, no biggie and it was easy for me to move it.

Just FYI, the reason we suggest you post under a specific topics is because our people have MANY specialties. They tend to gravitate towards the forums where they have expertise and that gives YOU the best chance at getting appropriate help quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom