Newbie struggling (1 Viewer)

Mcgregorbart

Local time
Today, 05:57
I have a TEMP table and added field called Barcode, I have a command button which produces a report however when ever I press it I get the following error? What do I need to add to get it to read this field please
DoCmd.RunSQL "INSERT INTO temp VALUES('" & Me.Address & "','" & i & "','" & Me.Of_Number & "')"

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 21:57
Hi. What was the error?

Mcgregorbart

Local time
Hi. What was the error?
Run time error 3346
Number of query values and destination fields are not the same

Both Query and Field in table are spelt correctly

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Run time error 3346
Number of query values and destination fields are not the same

Both Query and Field in table are spelt correctly
Okay, try specifying the fields then. For example,

INSERT INTO temp (Field1, Field2, Field3) VALUES (Value1, Value2, Value3)

Mcgregorbart

Local time
Okay, try specifying the fields then. For example,

INSERT INTO temp (Field1, Field2, Field3) VALUES (Value1, Value2, Value3)
Thanks for your patience
Hi no joy I am afraid this is the full code for that command button, The line in bold text gets highlighted in yellow?

Private Sub Btn_Generate_Click()

Dim i As Integer
Dim RS As Recordset

'Check the form has been filled in correctly

'Check that start and end numbers have been entered
If IsNull(Me.Start_Number) Or IsNull(Me.End_Number) Then
MsgBox "You must have a value in the start number and end number boxes"
End
'Check that start and end numbers are valid numbers
ElseIf IsNumeric(Me.Start_Number) = False Or IsNumeric(Me.End_Number) = False Then
MsgBox "Only numbers are allowed in the start number and end number boxes)"
End

End If

'Check for apostrophes and replace with double apostrophes to avoid an error when executing the RUNSQL statement
Me.Address = Replace(Me.Address, "'", "''")

DoCmd.SetWarnings False

'Clear the Temp table
DoCmd.RunSQL "DELETE * FROM temp"

'Set the number of labels to produce
i = Me.Start_Number

'Keep adding new records starting at the provided start number until the end number is reached
While i <= Me.End_Number

DoCmd.RunSQL "INSERT INTO temp VALUES('" & Me.Address & "','" & i & "','" & Me.Of_Number & "')"
i = i + 1

Wend

DoCmd.SetWarnings True

'Generate the Label Sheet
DoCmd.OpenReport "Seed Labels correct spacing numbered", acViewPreview

End Sub

Mcgregorbart

Local time
copy of database

Attachments

• copy Label Generator Samsung Printer 101118version.accdb
    640 KB · Views: 140

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 23:57
Be aware that it is considered a bit rude to cross-post without telling us about it. However, clearly you are new to the forum and might not have yet seen that request. We don't ignore such requests, but we dislike them as they offer an opportunity for us to waste our time on a question already answered elsewhere.

Having now given you the obligatory discussion on cross-posting, your code has an error at the X that I have inserted:
DoCmd.RunSQL "INSERT INTO temp X VALUES('" & Me.Address & "','" & i & "','" & Me.Of_Number & "')"

The problem is that at the X you must have a parenthetically enclosed list of the field names in table temp where you want those values to be stored. Your syntax error is that you have 0 destination fields but do not have 0 values to go with it. I count three values so you need to name three target fields.

Mcgregorbart

Local time
Be aware that it is considered a bit rude to cross-post without telling us about it. However, clearly you are new to the forum and might not have yet seen that request. We don't ignore such requests, but we dislike them as they offer an opportunity for us to waste our time on a question already answered elsewhere.

Having now given you the obligatory discussion on cross-posting, your code has an error at the X that I have inserted:
DoCmd.RunSQL "INSERT INTO temp X VALUES('" & Me.Address & "','" & i & "','" & Me.Of_Number & "')"

The problem is that at the X you must have a parenthetically enclosed list of the field names in table temp where you want those values to be stored. Your syntax error is that you have 0 destination fields but do not have 0 values to go with it. I count three values so you need to name three target fields.
Thank you and my apologies for the cross post I am now aware and shall follow etiquette going forward

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 12:57
you must specify the Field names if your table field count is not Same as the in the Query.
or if the sequence of fields are different:
Code:
    'Keep adding new records starting at the provided start number until the end number is reached
    While i <= Me.End_Number

DoCmd.RunSQL "INSERT INTO [Temp] ([Address], [Lable_No], [Max_Labels]) VALUES ('" & Me.Address & "','" & i & "','" & Me.Of_Number & "')"
        i = i + 1

Wend

Mcgregorbart

Local time
Thank you all for your input much appreciated took a while but with your help above sorted problem thanks again all and stay safe ;)

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Thank you all for your input much appreciated took a while but with your help above sorted problem thanks again all and stay safe ;)
Hi. Glad to hear you got it sorted out. Good luck with your project.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom