"Nifty Option Group" (1 Viewer)

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 01:06
I've just completed the "Nifty Option Group" project. I've been working on it for about 2 years on and off. It is a replacement for the Microsoft Access Option Group. The Access Option Groups are, shall we say, a little bland. I wanted something with that bit of something extra! I'm doing some free copies of this for people to evaluate it, and try and break it! If you're interested let me know.

Nifty Option Group - Nifty Access

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
In this video I go through some of the features in preparation for setting it up in your own Project...

Nifty Option Group - Setup​

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Option Group Update!

You may have wondered what happened to my option group code.

Well, I had a bit of a setback! I was testing it in the Northwind sample database from Microsoft and it didn't work as expected.

For a simple table it worked fine, but the northwind table I tested it on had required fields and because my code added the information directly into the table, then this triggered the required condition of the empty fields.

I started writing code to work my way around this problem, then I happened to mention the problem to Pat and it became clear that I would be better off linking it to a hidden Option Group.

This change in structure set me to scratching my head, wondering what to do!

Luckily, I had spent a reasonable amount of time constructing the code in a logical and well-documented manner and it soon became apparent where I could make the changes, which I have now done.

I will spend this evening and tomorrow morning testing. I reckon it will be ready for public consumption tomorrow. If anybody wants a copy to try it out, let me know and I will put you down for a copy.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Hi John and all, I have now finished, however I would like some of you experts to run through it and see if you can break it! I can't see any obvious problems, but on my first iteration/release I ran into one straight away, when I tried to update the table which had some of the fields set to "Required". I've done a rewrite and fixed that. I hope I've got it right this time!

You can download a free copy from Gumroad at this link:- https://gumroad.com/l/NiftyOptGrp

And use this Coupon Code:-7hl297o - to get it for Free!

This is the setup video explaining how to add this to your own database:-

Nifty Option Group - Setup Instructions​

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom