Null Values in Pivot Table (1 Viewer)

DoneganF

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:14
Is there a way to return a value of $0 in a pivot table for fields that have no dollar value. I'm spending a lot of time filtering and adding $0 to null values.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Is there a way to return a value of $0 in a pivot table for fields that have no dollar value. I'm spending a lot of time filtering and adding $0 to null values.
Would it be easier to adjust the source data? Global find & replace, Ctrl+H

Last edited:

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 16:14
Have you tried using the Nz function?
Nz(FieldName,0)

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 16:14
or the format property to show $0 if null

DoneganF

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks all - looks like I'll use the global search & replace each time I add to the sheet. I was hoping to enter a custom number (currency) format to display null values as $0.00, but can't seem to work that out.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Me personally, I hate it when elaborate NumberFormats obfuscate the data that's really in cells - to me it makes troubleshooting a lot harder, but I'm not sure it would affect your pivottable sums and such things anyway. But, that's just me, some people use a lot of weird number formats and love it.
It depends on WHAT actually IS in the cells that you are calling "Null". Are you exporting this data into Excel from somewhere...like SQL server where they actually paste as the word Null?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom