Ny problems with printer HP Deskjet 2640 (1 Viewer)

JohnPapa

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:28
I just got a frantic call from a customer who is using my software that printer HP Deskjet 2640 gives him nonsense.

The software is deployed using Access 2003 Runtime.

I connected to his screen and confirmed the problem. Some of the words are missing and some are spaced out a lot.

Any ideas?

JohnPapa

Registered User.
Local time
Thank you for pointing out that this request was posted also with MSDN.

The request is not something that involves hours of work from a fellow developer. Either one knows of a known problem with the printer or they do not.

I have a client who just bought this printer and is waiting for some help to issue an invoice.

pr2-eugin

Super Moderator
Local time
Today, 08:28
The request is not something that involves hours of work from a fellow developer.
Still it is time. It still is valuable, even if it is for a minute or hour.
I have a client who just bought this printer and is waiting for some help to issue an invoice.
I am just going to quote..
Ken Puls said:
First, let me make it clear that neither I, nor the person who pointed you here, has an issue with cross posting, so long as it is done correctly. If you feel that you get more experts pointed to your posts, then fine. What we are asking for, however, is the courtesy of knowing about it.

JohnPapa

Registered User.
Local time
Fair enough, I did not realize that it would help in any way, to inform about cross posting.

When I receive an answer I always go to every site and post the reply.

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 08:28
OK - so now that is sorted out, what success have you had with the other forum(s)? What areas have already been covered and can be eliminated from our suggestions.

Some basic questions, thoughts:

Is this a new printer?
Has the user upgraded to 7 or 8 (in which case has he the correct printer driver)
Can he print OK to another printer?
How about printing to PDF then print the PDF?
You say you connected to his screen - so is it the print priview that is displaying the problem? Perhaps it is OK when printed? Not sure how you can see the printer output otherwise...

JohnPapa

Registered User.
Local time
I only posted to MSDN. No reply.

Your questions are to the point.

Last night when I posted I wanted to see if there was a known problem.

I suggested to the client to hook up the new printer to another pc. I reinstalled the software to the new pc and it prints fine.

I will then assume that there was some hardware/software conflict between the printer and the old pc.

Thanks for the help. (Rushing to report to MSDN...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom