Office 365 is now Microsoft 365 (1 Viewer)

deletedT

Local time
Today, 13:35
This morning opening a database, I received a yellow ribbon above the FE telling me a new update to Office 365 is available.
I updated and received another message telling me : Office 365 is now Microsoft 365.

I Searched google to find what has been changed, found nothing.
Is it just a change in name?
I supposed Microsoft's other products like Windows, Visio or other applications have to be added to the bundle, But it seems there's no change in the available apps.

Does anybody know what's the purpose of this change in the name?
thanks

Last edited:

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 09:35
As a subscriber, I got an email and followed the link in it. AFAIC, it's nothing worth mentioning.
I blew it away so I can't even tell you what the hype was now.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:35
I used to have Office 2016 Pro but on my last re-install I wound up with this.
I rarely use it so I haven't noticed a big change

1588038520843.png

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
I am just speculating here, but if Office365 got rebranded to Microsoft365, maybe it means the new subscription service now includes other services beside Office applications? What else does Microsoft offers besides Office products? Are they now included in your subscription service? Did they increase the price? I don't have O365 subscription, so I can't tell the difference.

deletedT

Local time
I really never understand what Microsoft is doing. And what their version means. I purchased Office 2019 (On DVD) for one of our PCs in our office, but after installing, it was starting with a Office 365 logo. I simply ignored it.
Now when I checked two other PCs running on Office 2016, one shows Office 365 logo at startup, one doesn't. They both were installed from DVD too. (at the same time from different DVDs).

Last edited:

deletedT

Local time
I am just speculating here, but if Office365 got rebranded to Microsoft365, maybe it means the new subscription service now includes other services beside Office applications? What else does Microsoft offers besides Office products? Are they now included in your subscription service? Did they increase the price? I don't have O365 subscription, so I can't tell the difference.

There is no change in the prices. Microsoft has a lot of application that I hoped were included in Office 365 but they were not.
Microsoft Visio, is an application from Office family, but it doesn't include in Office 365 nor Office DVD.
It should be purchased separately.
So why it's a Microsoft Office member, has been a puzzle for me.

2020-04-28_11-01-05.jpg

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 09:35
maybe it means the new subscription service now includes other services beside Office applications?
Might depend on what that means. Publisher and One Note come with 365 but I don't know if those are Office Apps now or not. The rest are fer sure.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
I don't know about pricing because I pay a nominal fee, but the cloud seems to be very prominent now.
I was just glad it included Access because it wasn't clear at the time of DL

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Might depend on what that means. Publisher and One Note come with 365 but I don't know if those are Office Apps now or not. The rest are fer sure.
Still, maybe that's the reason for the name change. Maybe it started out with only Office products and then other Microsoft products got included in the mix, but the name never got changed until now. Still just guessing...

deletedT

Local time
Publisher and One Note come with 365 but I don't know if those are Office Apps now or not. The rest are fer sure.

OneNote is a service. It means you can download it for free from Microsoft. So even though it's included in Office bundle, but it comes as a service not a member.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
There is no change in the prices. Microsoft has a lot of application that I hoped were included in Office 365 but they were not.
Microsoft Visio, is an application from Office family, but it doesn't include in Office 365 nor Office DVD.
It should be purchased separately.
So why it's a Microsoft Office member, has been a puzzle for me.

View attachment 81458
Is that what you use Visio-Microsoft Office?

deletedT

Local time
Is that what you use Visio-Microsoft Office?

Yes. But I've purchased 3 licenses about 2 years ago. (On DVD)

41vlAbYLChL._AC_SY400_.jpg

The Japanese section means:
On-line Validation necessary. (it means internet connection is necessary for validating license)
For Windows 10
for 1 user - 2 PCs

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom