Office Object Library Settings (1 Viewer)

EzGoingKev

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 23:01
Good afternoon.

When creating a module I always have to go in and manually select the Microsoft Office 16.0 Object Library so the code will run without errors. I have to do this every time in every database.

Is there a way to select it so it is automatically selected in all databases I open on my local machine?

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 20:01
Only way I could suggest is to create a template for all your future projects. It could be as simple as creating a blank db file with the reference already selected and just use a copy of it every time you start a new project.

EzGoingKev

Registered User.
Local time
I was hoping for something like a registry hack.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 20:01
I was hoping for something like a registry hack.
Good luck with that. I am not sure the registry has anything to do with VBA references (other than knowing what items to list for selections).

MajP

You've got your good things, and you've got mine.
Local time
you can add references to a project by code, that is the common approach. Hacking the registry is not going to do anything since that has nothing to do with adding a reference to a project.

EzGoingKev

Registered User.
Local time
I know there are options already selected by default. I am assuming those values are stored somewhere in the registry. IDK if I could create a new registry entry that would add what I need to that default list.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 04:01
The default references are created by Access itself. You cannot modify those references using code or by editing the registry.
As stated earlier, create a 'template' blank database with all the settings, code and references you want by default and use that as your starting point for all new databases

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom