One Damn Bad Thing After Another... (1 Viewer)

Friday

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:02
Hi Access friends. Been gone for the last week. My brother Steve died unexpectedly in his sleep 11/19. He was only 52. I'm getting paranoid about answering the phone. First the leukemia, now this. Worst holiday season ever. He was my idol growing up, I can't believe he is gone. Anyone else out there lose a loved one unexpectedly?

TessB

Plays well with others
Local time
Today, 04:02
I am so so sorry about your brother, Friday!
It must have been quite a shock since he was really relatively young.
My condolences to you and your family.

Friday

Registered User.
Local time
TessB said:
I am so so sorry about your brother, Friday!
It must have been quite a shock since he was really relatively young.
My condolences to you and your family.

Thanks, Tess. Yes, it was a shock. No sickness or anything to warn anyone. Anyone who is interested, here is his obit and here is another article that ran the next day.

Mile-O

Back once again...
Local time
Friday said:
Anyone else out there lose a loved one unexpectedly?

Just my dog, last week, when her hip was completely shattered after running out in front of a car. :(

Friday

Registered User.
Local time
SJ McAbney said:
Just my dog, last week, when her hip was completely shattered after running out in front of a car. :(

Damn, Milo, that's bad, too. Did the driver stop or keep going?

TessB

Plays well with others
Local time
Today, 04:02
Damn, Friday... you're one of ELEVEN?!?!?!
Holy crap! Which one are you?

Andromeda

I'm happy you left me
Local time
Today, 16:02
it's really sad to hear these things happened to you.. I hope everything will work out fine soon.. As for me.. I just saw a bruise in my Dogs left chest..i just wish it will heal soon.. it got infected and i had to clean it with Iodine and cover it so germs wouldn't invade the wound...

lynsey2

Registered User.
Local time
sorry to hear that friday :( hope things turn out ok for you

Mile-O

Back once again...
Local time
Friday said:
Did the driver stop or keep going?

Stopped. My sister and her fiance were the pair in the car, so they feel bad but, overall, it was the dog's fault.

Hayley Baxter

Registered User.
Local time
Sorry to hear of your loss Friday! My fiance lost his brother of a brain tumour, he was only in his early 30s! My dad also lost his brother in a car crash - he was only 21 when it happened. It's very sad to lose someone so close to you. My deepest sympathy to you and your family :(

Stewart - Also sorry to hear about your dog. It can be equally as heartbreaking to lose a pet as well. My brothers dog was ran over a few years ago now, hit and run and he was absolutely devastated.

Hay

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Sorry to hear of your sad loss Friday - its really tough.:( hang in there mate, you've got good friends here, you'll be in our thoughts.

Mile-O, I empathise with your loss, its awful to lose a dog at anytime - worse when its not expected. - I was devastated when we had our put to sleep having had him for 15 years.:(

Col

Friday

Registered User.
Local time
TessB said:
Damn, Friday... you're one of ELEVEN?!?!?!
Holy crap! Which one are you?

Tess: Thanks for taking the time to read the obit. Yes, I am one of eleven. I am right in the middle of the whole mess.

Friday

Registered User.
Local time
Rich said:
The worst part is that they say bad news comes in threes:(

Rich: Yes, I am aware of that as well, and I'm getting really distracted waiting for the other shoe to drop. :(

Friday

Registered User.
Local time
ColinEssex said:
Sorry to hear of your sad loss Friday - its really tough.:( hang in there mate, you've got good friends here, you'll be in our thoughts.
Col

Col: That's what I love about this place, my good friends here. :)

MrsGorilla

Rat Race Participant
Local time
Today, 03:02
Been away from the 'cooler for a while (been busy) but I'm sorry to hear about your loss, Friday. I'm afraid I don't know what you're talking about with the leukemia though. :eek: Maybe I've been away longer than I thought.

I remember when my Mom was diagnosed with lung cancer back in 1993. She only lasted two months and passed away at the first of January. I know we were fortunate to at least have that last holiday season to spend with her. When my grandmother passed, she was in intensive care and passed away the day after Christmas. It's horrible to lose a loved one at any time, but to me, it always seems worse around the holiday season. I'm very sorry. Your brother sounds like he was a great guy.

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Sorry to hear of your loss Friday, to have to take two blows so close is tough, but there does not have to be a third, try and be positive and with the love and help of family and friends you will pull through.

Brian

Ally

Registered User.
Local time
I've not been visiting as much as I used to and have missed out on a quite a bit, so didn't know about the Leukaemia either. Friday, I'm so sorry about that and your brother. I know how close I am to my sisters and can't imagine how you feel.

Praying for you - and keep those spirits high! Ally x

Kraj

Registered User.
Local time
Friday, I'm so sorry. That's terrible news.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom