One of these days... (1 Viewer)

Frothingslosh

Premier Pale Stale Ale
Local time
Yesterday, 22:35
...I will create a recordset loop until EOF and actually remember to include MoveNext. :banghead:

Frothingslosh

Premier Pale Stale Ale
Local time
a query will do that for you
Actually, unless there's some type of action query I've never heard of that returns a filled collection object, I'm afraid that's not the case. :(

Anyway, I was just laughing at myself because I can NEVER remember to add MoveNext, largely because I avoid recordset loops like the plague.

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 19:35
A loop is a tool, and like all tools is sometimes the best tool for the job at hand. I use a utility called MZ Tools, which has a code templates feature. I never forget the MoveNext now. ;)

Frothingslosh

Premier Pale Stale Ale
Local time
I'm jealous! I suggested something like that when I got here. Not enough ROI and IT doesn't like giving non-IT people admin access for some reason. :(

I do use recordset loops where necessary; I just try to look for other options first, at least in part because I used to have a bad habit of using them even when there WERE better options. (That god-awful Excel loading thread in the repository is one example.)

Last edited:

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I was lucky and got it before they started charging, though I think it's worth the money they want now. It's certainly saved me a lot of time over the years. Sometimes IT departments have their heads...where they shouldn't.

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 02:35
I also have the free version - and just noticed the massive update that is now available. The improvements look significant so will probably be worth the upgrade.

I wouldn't be without it and am sure I did donate when I originally started using it.

Frothingslosh

Premier Pale Stale Ale
Local time
I think this thread is now officially about coding utilities!

(It was never meant to be some sort of serious discussion)

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
You thought because you started the thread you determined the subject matter? Ha! There is nothing wrong with your computer...we control the horizontal...we control the vertical...we control all that you see and hear! Mwah ha ha! :p

Frothingslosh

Premier Pale Stale Ale
Local time
Heh...that show was a few years before my time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom