Solved Only 1 column of combo box query is getting information, the rest are null (1 Viewer)

CallumMascall

Local time
Today, 10:45
Hi all,

To give context, i am using microsoft's goods database, but modifying it slightly to my needs.
On the Purchase Order form, there is a combo box to select a supplier
I am going to be passing the details from this form over to a report to send off as an order form
In order to do this, i need to get the suppliers details from the supplier table. So i went into the Row source of this combo box and added the "address, city, province, Postal Code etc." that i need. I wanted to then use vba to do "me.txtSupAdd.value = me.cboSupplierID.column(2)" and so on for each of the combo box items to put those values in a text box in order to pass them over to the form easily, i was going to just set the visibility to false.
attached is two screenshot from debugging this issue.

It adds the address in just fine, but any following items just show the value as "NULL"
I cannot get my head around why it is getting one of the fields from the record but all the rest are returning as NULL
if anyone has any suggestions or more effective ways to achieve what i am trying to do, it would be much appreciated
Thanks

Attachments

• Returning value.png
    Returning value.png
    13.5 KB · Views: 126
  • Returning Null.png
    Returning Null.png
    12.5 KB · Views: 125

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom