Only when exporting a query do I get "Cannot open any more databases. (Error 3048)" (1 Viewer)

Stormin

Nawly Ragistarad Usar
Local time
Today, 13:29
Hi,

I have an Access database that has been working normally for years. No recent changes on my end, although my corporate IT environment likes to change stuff silently in the background. It was built in Access 2016 and currently running on O365 32-bit v2202 b16.0.14931.20602. It has very little in the way of GUI / forms, very much an admin-user database with a load of raw data and queries. Opening the .accdb directly.

Suddenly, some large-output queries (~50k records) have not been exporting to Excel or text files. I can open the query's datasheet, scan all the way to the last record, see all the data, and even copy&paste the whole dataset into Excel. However, when I use Access' built-in "Export" function, at the last step it triggers "Cannot open any more databases. (Error 3048)" and fails the export. This is both via exporting the query with the right-click menu in the query list, and also opening the query datasheet first and then attempting to export.
Unhelpfully, it does actually let me export the query results to a 4,000-page PDF file.

I have used isladog's modified AvailableConnections_v3 tool to check open connections, as expected I'm only using ~15 connection slots to run the database and the query I'm attempting.

Any ideas what may be causing this? I've tried the usual stuff, opening/closing, restarting, compact&repair, waiting until a different day where the sun has changed position in the sky and the wind is blowing a light Northeasterly breeze; you know, the kind of things that makes Access the fickle beast it is...

This is not the only strange Access behaviour I've noticed in the last month or so, but let's start with this one :p

Stormin

Nawly Ragistarad Usar
Local time
Today, 13:29
Update: I found some rogue DLookups along the query chain and replaced them with subqueries, but I'm still experiencing the same problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom