Open jpg image error (1 Viewer)

Oldsoftboss

AWF VIP
Local time
Tomorrow, 03:09
Senario...

On one of my PC's at home I thought I would give Office 2007 a go. It ran so slow and bogged down that I un-installed it and re-installed Office XP

Now when opening a db with an image the attached error message appears. The Db opened OK previously, and works on my other PC's, so I presume it is an office installation error.

Any clues ?

Dave

Attachments

• error.JPG
    error.JPG
    16.1 KB · Views: 133

Oldsoftboss

AWF VIP
Local time
Tomorrow, 03:09
After more searching and trying several things I have come to the following conclusions:
When I re-installed Office, I went the "Install with all the options" route. This installed Microsoft Image Editor which seemed to be the problem. I would double click on a jpg file from My Computer and it would open with Microsoft Image Editor and then an error would say "File format not known"
I tried to un-install the Image Editor, but when I opened the jpg "bingo" the Image Editor program opened and the same error.
Next un-installed office from the disk and found that access was still there, outlook was still there, Image Editor was still there. Oh brother
Went to Control panel, Add Remove Programs, and un-installed. Finally gone.
Re-installed office with the default selections, and now all is OK
I presume I will have to add a few components, like vb help etc, but at least things are up and going again.

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom