Operation must be an updatable query ERROR (1 Viewer)

Newbie_me

Local time
Today, 10:47
Hello guys,

The newbie needs your help once again, I do have a Update query wherein i have a criteria involving a "SumOfQty" . However, it prompts me with "Operation must be an updatable query" error.
I tried to change it with the field "Qty" from the table and it works fine but i need the sum of quantity to meet the criteria.
I have no idea of the reason behind it. Is there any workarounds? Thanks in advance ;)

MajP

You've got your good things, and you've got mine.
Local time
Today, 11:47
Normally aggregate queries are not updateable queries. Thus it makes the insert not updateable. You can replace the sumofqty with a dsum and pass in the criteria.

Newbie_me

Local time
Today, 10:47
Normally aggregate queries are not updateable queries. Thus it makes the insert not updateable. You can replace the sumofqty with a dsum and pass in the criteria.

I will give it a try. Thanks!

MajP

You've got your good things, and you've got mine.
Local time

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Typically you would not want to store a calculated value. It violates second normal form and leads to data anomalies. The best solution is usually to calculate the sum as you need it.

If you can tell us more about the requirement, we'll have a better chance of coming up with a good solution.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom