Option Explicit ? (1 Viewer)

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:32
I think "require variable declaration" just tidies up the original "basic" which didn't need variable declaration at all.
By the same token I think it's cleaner for parameters/arguments to be byVal as default rather than byRef. The default is "safer" that way,

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Hi Colin

You can just set overlapping windows in a startup code
try this.
Hi Dave
You can indeed do that and I'm sure that code will be useful to AWF members

I've often added similar code to set various default properties in code including the preferred display option, disabling subdatasheets, name autocorrect etc. At other times I just use a template DB with my preferred options.

However, with regard to overlapping windows its quicker to just tick the checkbox in Access options.

But that wasn't the point I was trying to make.
Many options can be set as defaults that persist to all new databases.
In my opinion, selecting tabbed documents or overlapping windows should be added to the group of options that apply to all new databases

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Hi Dave
You can indeed do that and I'm sure that code will be useful to AWF members

I've often added similar code to set various default properties in code including the preferred display option, disabling subdatasheets, name autocorrect etc. At other times I just use a template DB with my preferred options.

However, with regard to overlapping windows its quicker to just tick the checkbox in Access options.

But that wasn't the point I was trying to make.
Many options can be set as defaults that persist to all new databases.
In my opinion, selecting tabbed documents or overlapping windows should be added to the group of options that apply to all new databases
Ah. I see. But if you have users with runtime access, they might not be able to set flags directly, and you might want to enable the option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom