Option Group Problem (1 Viewer)

LisaP

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:17
Hi,

I have created an option group listing all reports on a form with 2 command buttons (1 for printing, 1 for previewing). Everything seemed fine and dandy, until i fired up the database later in the day - now if i try to click on an option it doesnt do anything! Its almost like the option group has been disabled, but i have checked code and cant find anything to suggest this? Even wierder is if i open form in form view, then open it in design view (and not change a thing) reopen in form view - it works!!!!!

Any help it what could possibly be going on would be appreciated. (I did create an on open event for the form to enable the option group but this didnt help either, have also tried deleting and redoing, but to no joy)

ElsVanMiert

Registered User.
Local time
I once had the same problem and I feared that it was a bug:

If you place one or two CommandButtons inside the frame of a option group, the CommandButtons do not work - sometimes.

After hours and hours I found the -simple as always- solution:
The Commandbuttons have to be in the foreground and the Option group in the background (you can modify it with the menu point "format" in design view).

As diagnostic you can use the tooltips: Assign a tooltip to the commandbuttons. If the are not displayed, then the CommandButtons are in the background and the option group "overlaps" them.

I hope this helps!

LisaP

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks for advice, unfortunately didnt work. I guess i will have to bash my head against a wall with this one for a while!!

LisaP

Registered User.
Local time
This is not getting any better!

Decided to delete form and start over. Have created in the same way. The option group has 10 buttons inside. Now when i open the form the option group appears to be enabled (ie buttons are white) but when i click on an option it doesnt do anything. In the properties of the option group there is a default value, if i leave this blank the above happens. But if i choose 1, then when i open form, option 1 will be selected and it wont let me chose another option......

Melody

Registered User.
Local time
LISA - Did you ever solve this problem? I'm experiencing something similar.

LisaP

Registered User.
Local time
Melody,

Nope never. Decided to fix other things and then come back to it. Have tried via the wizard and setting up manually but still no joy..........

Good luck with yours though - if you manage to fix please please let me know how to solve, as this is extremely irritating!

LisaP

Registered User.
Local time
EVERYONE,

Have solved this at long last, you would not believe what a simple little resolution it is either (had to post this a)as is quite funny, b)might help out someone else.

The option group didnt work because..........i had set the forms properties to read only (doh)!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom